Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Debating (open)

2 posters

Go down

Debating (open) Empty Debating (open)

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Once Winston did find the lounge he would look about the place. He wasn't sure what he expected but this was nice, moving over he would sit himself down on the couch. This one felt softer then the one he had been sleeping on, maybe he could upgrade the couch in Shane's room. Once he sat down, he would find the remote to the tv that was placed there, and he would snap it on. A smile would form over his lips at that, he did enjoy watching his tv randomly. He would begin to click through the channels until he landed on Ice Road Truckers, which he would keep the channel there. The show interested him, not that he would ever go out and do it, he wasn't going to lose his life on a gamble with ice.

Letting his head lean back a moment, he would take his lap top from his lap and set it next to him on the arm rest. He was trying to resist but a part of him new different that he was going to have to look. He waited until there was a commercial before taking the lap top and bringing it back to his lap, then popping it open and turning it on. Once everything loaded and it popped up with Internet Explorer working he would go to Google, and type in Shanes name, and hit images. It would be there he would find a ton of pictures, but he knew what he was looking for so he clicked next a time or two when the image he wanted would appear. The clothes looked to be black tie affair, in one of the pictures, but it was the man's face that made him begin to wonder again.

A thoughtful look would appear on his features, it really did depend on what happened between them. It could very well play into his hands if this was the man in the picture, and even if it wasn't, if they had a bad end, it could keep Shane closer to him. He would sit there and debate, and try to remember if she had said anything about wether it was a good or bad split.
Winston Charles Bakersfie

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Debating (open) Empty Re: Debating (open)

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:21 am

Cas was on her way out to the stables when she saw a new face. He was watching the TV and using a laptop. Now Cas knew what a lap top was but she had no idea how to use one.

She stopped in the doorway and put a smile on her face.

"Hello, you must be new here, my name is Casandra."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Number of posts : 1130

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 am

Winston had not noticed anyone entering the room, so he would startle just a millisecond before a charming smile would form over his lips. He would set the lap top to the side, carefully, while pushing a button closing the page he was looking at. If one did not know better and the relationship one might think him a stalker, for looking up the pictures. As it was, he wasn't proud of his snooping, but a man did what a man needed to do! Once the lap top was off to the arm of the couch again, he would rise from the couch. The man did know his manners, and he would approach the woman, in a casual sort of way. He did not go right up to her, yet close enough, as he thrust out a hand. Even with the shirt covering his torso, one would be hard pressed not to notice the flexing of fabric against muscles. "Nice to meet you Casandra, I am the newly here Winston."

His grin was a bit lopsided and moved easily enough, as he would make his way back to the couch, before lifting blue eyes up to Casandra. Careful not to bump the lap top from its spot. "Have you ever watched Ice Road Truckers? These guys are crazy." He gave a nod of his head, as he waited for her response. Not everyone agreed with him, on his choice of tv shows, but who knew right!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:17 am

Kjay moved out from behind Cas and tilted his head as he regarded the man. The large back wolf moved with Cas as she came further into the room. He stayed quiet and watchful.

Cas took his hand in her own and shook it before she let it drop and then put her hand back to her side.

Cas' long red hair was in a single braid down her back. She wore jeans and a t shirt as she was going to be going out to the stables later. It wouldn't hurt to stop and chat a bit, Rider would still be in his stall when she was done.

She looked over to the TV.

"I don't know I have never seen it. I don't watch much TV."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:42 pm

He saw the large black wolf and wondered if the woman used it for protection or company. Though he would look Casandra and speak, not a trace of any odd emotion there. “Pet wolf? I have a client back home that raises them by hand, until they are rather large and he releases them back into the wild.” That had been a interesting visit to the house the first time, all the wolves just howling at the stranger, though they were well trained and did not attack without the proper word or signal. Depended on the wolf though.

Then he would give a nod of his head at her words, he got a bit distracted there, by the memory of his clients wolves, before speaking. “Well, these guys, they drive big semi’s over the ice covered water. Sometimes you can see the ice cracking under the weight of it all. They have also had trucks go under.” He figured he shouldn’t continue on that note, not a happy thought in that batch, and most women did not care for the sad things of life. “Anyhow, these guys get a nice pay check, and it just looks like a fun adventure.” Not that he would ever do such a thing, that would be crazy. The way his luck was, he would sink to the bottom of the ocean. A glance at the lap top, debating what to make of it, before a shake of his head, and a look to the woman, “You know t.v. isn’t all bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:00 pm

She smiled as Winston looked at Kjay.

"This is Kjay, he is my companion more than pet, he protects me if the need arises."

It had happened a couple times in the last several months that he thought she needed to be protected.

"He is never far from me."

She listened to him speak of his client back home.

"Kjay is free to leave if he wants too but he never has, I have had him from the time he was a small cub."

With the two humans speaking of him he began to wag his tail.

Cas turned her attention to the TV as he explained the show.

"So people get paid to ride a truck over ice that may or may not be solid enough to hold the weight of it?"

She thought a moment.

"I can see why some people would be drawn to it; me I'll stick to breeding my horses. That get hard enough sometimes."

She laughed.

"I know it is not all bad, I am just to busy most times to watch it."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 pm

He was good at listening, well sometimes, just don't ask Shane. She would probably tell Casandra that he was not good at listening and even when he did listen it didn't matter for he did what he wanted. But dang it, he was being good now wasn't he? He would give another nod of his head, "Nice to meet you Kjay." He might believe a lot of people were beneath him at home, but not animals. You know those commercials that show the kids that want your money for food, they did not touch him, but put on one of those animal cruelty commercials and he had to turn the channel or tear up. "You need protection in the Inn?" That had him starting to get up, if the place wasn't safe, he was going to have to go on a hunting mission.

He was glad that she seemed to get the show. His head was nodding as he spoke, "Exactly! It's a gamble." He was a big gambler when he knew the odds were stacked in his favor, it was when the odds were not on his side he didn't always like to play. "Do you have many horses?"

He could understand that, the fact of being to busy to watch much t.v. "I usually just use the DVR and record things, makes the shows go much quicker when you don't have to watch the commercials, those things just suck up time." He also liked to speed through the parts of the shows when he got bored. He was actually proud of himself for not channel surfing like crazy when he was chatting with the woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:16 am

Kjay wagged his tail as the man spoke to him.

"Not here in the Inn, no, but Kjay has helped me out on more than one occasion, and he hardly ever leaves my side."

She nodded.

"Yes, I have an entire stable full of them, do you like horses? Four of mine are here now."

She laughed as his attention turned to the TV again.

"You are a risk taker aren't you?"

She listened to him.

"What is a DVR? If I understand you right it is some kind of a recording device."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Winston was not one that would ignore a animal, even if at times it did appear that he could care less about such. He seemed to relax at the fact that she did clear up the thought of danger in the inn. "Then it is good that you have him." He gave a small nod of his head as he listened to her speak about horses. "I have a full stable at home, but I really didn't have any time to ride them, as of late." He did make sure that the horses had everything that they would need, the best of care, the best grooms and vets, and of course a exerciser or two.

Then he laughed at her next words, "One might say that." About him being a risk taker. Then he would answer her next question. "A dvr, is indeed a recording device, it records tv shows when you are watching something else or when you are out, so that you can watch them at any time. And unlike a VCR there is no tapes that might get eaten by the machine or worn out." He didn't know if she knew what a VCR was but he was going to wait to explain just in case she did know what one was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:15 pm

"Yes, I think it is a good thing I have him, he actually makes great company."

She smiled.

"Do you breed them or just own them?"

Yes Cas loved horses. She was very proud of her own, she worked hard to make them the best in the area. She listened to him speak about the DVR.

"That would make perfect sense then. I don't use much technology, but I do know a bit about some of the older things."

She thought a moment.

"I was on my way to go check on my horses. You can join me if you like."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:04 am

He would give a small nod of his head in agreement, the movement causing his hair to move just so. Lifting one hand up he would run it through his spiky locks. He wasn't sure what else to say about the wolf, a part of him wanted to know where she found him, just in case Shane would need such protection in this strange place. But a grin would from at his thoughts, that girl would be able to take care of herself against quite a bit, if he was a betting man, his money would be on her. Oh wait, he was.

When she spoke of the horses he would not take a moment to think, no hesitating, he would reply. "I have man whom breeds the horses. My farm has been in magazines back home, for the care that the animals receive." His farm had more then just horses, even if he wasn't there half as much as he would like. He was the sort that adopted animals like Paris Hilton, only they went straight to the farm, to be cared for. Not paraded around, he also hadn't been bitten by any of them either.

He was glad that he did not have to explain that, for he wasn't quite sure on how he was going to go about that. When she offered to let him go out with her to the stables to see her horses, he almost stood up. Almost. He would offer a grin up to her, "Maybe next time? I have some work to catch up on." He nodded to the lap top on the couch's arm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:11 am

Cas would nod and smile. If he did ask her about where Kjay came from she would never have been able to tell her exactly. Kjay had been a gift from her ex husband's brother.

"I breed them myself. Most of mine are bred for speed."

She was very proud of her horses. When she heard him say back home his farm was in magazines for the care they received she lit up.

"I take extra special care of my animals, my own horse never gets groomed by anyone else."

She nodded as he pointed to the lap top.

"Yes perhaps next time. Now if you will excuse me, I was just off to go groom my horse."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Winston would give a nod of his head to Casandra, that smile of his would be playing about his lips, "It was nice to meet you." He liked meeting people that liked animals as well. He thought about standing and seeing her back to the door, but he didn't. He did wait until Casandra did leave before he would pick up the lap top once more, opening it up and pushing the power button once more.

Once the screen would click on he would begin to type, this time instead of looking at pictures of Shane with other men that were posted when one went to google and typed in her name, and clicked images, he actually logged into his work home page. He figured he would stay in the lounge, at least for a little while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Charles Bakersfie Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:39 am

After a few hours of plugging away on his lap top, Winston had gotten all of his business matters in order, lifting his fingers from the keys he would interlock fingers and hold his arms out away from his body, hands facing away. Then his fingers would find their way back to the lap top, fingers typing rather quick, he typed in Google.com, then he went to Shane Jakks. Once articles popped up that featured her, he would click on images, he wanted to check a few things. Once he was doing looking through some pictures, he would shut down the lap top, and gathering it up, he would stand from the couch and leave the lounge.

Now some might think it creepy he was looking her up on the Internet, but he wanted to double check to see if the man he had seen in the Inn was someone he was going to have to keep a eye on or not. So far, the signs pointed to yes, signs he did not care for. As he left the lounge he would swing past the check in desk to see if the man and the group was still there, though finding that spot empty, he would continue up to the room he shared with her. Or rather her room, that she allowed him to sleep on the couch. A saner man might wonder why he stayed in her room, when he could of found his own room. Money was not a issue, but he knew he needed to stay close, to remind her of what they really were to each other. And he knew if he wasn't sleeping on her couch, she would find ways to avoid him.

So that was where he went, to the room, and onto the couch until the next bit of inspiration did strike.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down