Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Gwen's favor. {{Invite only now}}

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Gwen's favor.  {{Invite only now}} - Page 5 Empty Re: Gwen's favor. {{Invite only now}}

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:16 am

Venis lowered her hands when Gwendolan came over to her. Her blood tears had streaked down her face. "They are suffering." Her voice was so much calmer and softer than it was before. "But they are so evil." She looked past Gwendolan to the blue floating cloak. "I can't set them free. They can never be free. But I have to protect them. I have to save them somehow." She knew she had a responsibility, but how could she set free so much evil?

Back to top Go down

Gwen's favor.  {{Invite only now}} - Page 5 Empty Re: Gwen's favor. {{Invite only now}}

Post by Gwendolan Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:25 am

Gwen sat down beside Venis. She ripped a piece of her dress from the bottom and closed her eyes. She began whispering words in elvish as she rolled the cloth up into a ball inside her hands. When she opened her hands and eyes. The cloth was wet.

She lifted the cloth and began to wipe the blood tears from her face. She listened to her.

"If you can't release them, can you hide them?"

Gwen knew it was evil, she had almost touched it, Venis had stopped her; for that she was very grateful.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:36 am

Venis closed her eyes and actually let Gwendolan wash her face. She didn't usually let people touch her in such a way. When Gwendolan suggested hiding them her eyes widened and she look at her with a face full of hope. "Yes, hide them. That could work. Lock them away from the world. Yes, that's a good idea." She forced a smile. She was still yelling in her head for them to shut up. And almost as an after thought. "You're dress, you ripped it. You have to let me replace it or fix it or something." She seemed to be loosing it a bit by the sound of her voice. Like the voices were still getting to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:42 am

Gwen was finished wiping her face and sat back down. Venis was not herself right now, she needed to snap out of it.

"Yes we can lock them away somewhere, away from everyone."

She smiled at her.

"Don't worry about the dress, you just bought me a new one. If it means that much that you replace it; well I am sure I can find something in one of those rooms you call closets."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:01 am

Venis just nodded as she moved to get up off the floor. The voices hadn't stopped, and the amulet was still pulling towards the orb. But they had to get moving. And at least now, she knew why her castle was haunted. "There are some lead boxes in the vault, in the basement. Don't touch the orb, leave the cloak over it. You can pull it along with us as we finish our tour. I should be ok as long as their covered." Yes, they, not it.

She reached out a hand to help Gwendolan up from the floor. "Thank you for saving me Gwendolan. I will forever be in your debt." She looked over at the cloaked orb again. "If I even touch the cloak they'll get me. My ... Me, I'll end up drawing them out." She could still feel her heart pounding. And when it pounded, she could feel what was still there, that she had thought to be gone.

She made her way down the steps and back out into the hall. They were supposed to head East Now, along the North wall. But the North hall had rooms on both sides. Ten rooms. She figured it made sense as this hall was wider than the others. That she knew from the day she had found the throne room.

She waited for Gwendolan to make it down the stairs behind her. When she did, Venis walked over and placed her hands on either side of the covered orb. Her hands were about a foot away from the orb on either side. She mumbled a few words with her eyes closed and then forced a smile. "It should be quiet for you now." She hoped it had worked.

She started to head down the hall beside Gwendolan. One hand was across her stomach, the other hand was clutching the burning amulet. It was Gwendolan's turn to open up the doors. So she would let her decide which one to open first. Either way, the drowning out the sound for Gwendolan had helped muffle it a bit in her ears too. So she felt a little better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:01 am

She listened to Venis.

"If you are sure it is safe, I trust you. Now that I know what I have been feeling, I can deal with it. A lead box would dampen the effect to almost nothing, I think it is a good idea."

She listened to Venis speak again.

"You saved me too, I would have touched it had it not been for you, I say we are even. I will pull it along, that way you won't release anything."

While they had been talking Gwen had taken the hand Venis offered her and let her help her off the floor. She took the corners of the cloak and began the climb down the ladder the orb being dragged behind her.

Venis did something to the orb without actually touching it, the sound got a lot lower in volume. She breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you."

She began opening doors crossing back and forth from one side of the hall to the other. The rooms where filled with electronics. There where TV's radios, stereo equipment, refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, washers, and dryers. Anything and everything you would need for setting up a house was on this floor.

She waited for Venis to look into all the rooms before they moved on.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:15 am

She nodded that it was safe. Then Venis looked in each room as it was opened. This was just amazing to her. "Ok, even, and you're welcome." She kept the one arm across her stomach the whole time, and her other hand still clasped the amulet to keep it from touching her. She was relieved when they went back into the tower to go down the stairs. It meant they were getting closer to the basement.

She started to go down the East wall once they were down he stairs. She had already opened the first door. It was an empty bedroom. So given that there were six doors along the wall, it was a simple task to open each one to reveal an empty bedroom. It wasn't long before they were rounding the corner to the South hall, going West and saw another line of six doors. She was taking mental notes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:33 am

Gwen smiled.

"Good, I don't want you to owe me anything."

She noticed how her arm was resting across her stomach and how she kept gripping the amulet. She looked into the bedrooms one by one. When they rounded the corner she began opening all the doors.

All eight rooms where bedrooms, all identical to the six Venis had oppened.

"Guest rooms?"

They rounded the next corner. Gwen let Venis take the lead again, she continued to drag the orb behind her.

Last edited by Gwendolan on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:14 am

Venis chuckled as they rounded the corner to head North along the West wall. Another six doors, another six empty bedrooms. "When I first came here, I couldn't bring myself to go passed the second floor. It seems as though I should move up a couple of floors and move some people off the first floor." An attempt at humor to lighten the mood. Around another corner to head East along the North wall. Where there were sixteen rooms, just as she had suspected there would be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:51 am

She smiled as Venis lightened the mood. The forth floor was nothing but empty bedrooms. The last hallway contained another sixteen rooms. Thirty-six rooms in total. This place was massive. She looked at Venis.

"Thirty-six rooms? This is more than guest rooms. You could house an army in here."

She started heading down to the third floor.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:18 am

Venis had to chuckle, despite the stomach ache, the burning amulet, and the voices in her head. "I have one you know. An Army. An Army of vampires. Seleen was my lieutenant." Well, that was something Gwendolan probably had no idea about. So after the reached the end of the East hall and got down the stairs Venis was ready to see what the third floor had in store. She had heard rumors of something having been built there. She heard that it was a movie theater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:29 am

"An army; of vampires? Are they good like you and Seleen?"

Well she had to ask, she knew that Venis was not all bad, and nither was Seleen, maybe her army was the same?

"I am enjoying the tour. the castle is lovely."

She was changing subjects quickly, maybe if she could keep Venis mind on other things she would feel a bit better.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:48 am

As they headed West, across the South hall, Venis was opening the eight doors, one after another, to find that they were more empty king sized bedrooms. "Well, Seleen is not exactly what I would call good. She's been medicated up until the last couple of months or so. But she is reaching a level of maturity that her blood lust no longer controls her. So we are trying her out, without the medications." She thought that the answer might upset Gwendolan, but honesty was best.

Now as far as her Army went, well, they were another story. "The Army, well, I'm sure some of them have control. But they were raised to be blood thirsty monsters. So that is what they are. Just killing machines." That was enough about that. Besides, Gwendolan was changing the subject. "I'm glad you're enjoying the tour. This place is a lot lovelier now that we have found the ghosts." Yes, that was all she would say about that as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 am

She followed V the orb still being dragged along behind her. She listened to her talk as well as they looked into more empty rooms.

"Medicated? Blood lust?"

She was in a bit of shock, well she really shouldn't be, she had to admire Sel's self control.

"I guess it is good that she is controlling that part of her life."

Then she heard V talking about the army.

"I'll say then that I am glad they are not here."

She smiled and nodded.

"Yes, not that you know what was causing the haunting, I am sure you can find peace here now."

They rounded the next corner finding another eight doors. Each one was another eight empty king sized rooms.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:24 am

Venis added the eight rooms to the count as they headed down the hall. She tilted and twisted her head to try and make her neck pop. What brought about the nervous reaction? The mentioning of the Army not being around. Venis already knew better.

They turned to go North down the West hall. There were an additional six doors. "Peace would be rather nice." Said more about everything in general, not just the castle. The six doors were six more empty king sized rooms. Venis added them to the tally as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:42 am

As they rounded the next hall Gwen stopped; there were only 6 door in this hall, two on one side and four on the other. Two of the door were she knew,she had seen public restrooms before. One door had a sign that said women, the other said men.

On the wall with the bathrooms where two more doors. Gwen opened the first one. She smelled food, she had no clue what this room was it was not a restaurant there where no chairs. She didn't know what a lot of the food was. She moved from the door to let Venis look. The second door was opened to reveal lots of magic boxes, they all ad different moving pictures. There was a lot of different sounds but none of them was so loud that it made her want to leave. She entered this room and looked around.

She moved from one box to the other.

"Venis what is all this the lights are pretty."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:02 am

Venis' eyebrows arched as she saw the signs that marked the public restrooms. But when Gwendolan opened the door to the snack bar. Venis closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. The smell of the treats almost made her mouth water. She stepped in and looked around. The employees had done a good job making it look just like one in a movie theater.

They left the snack bar and went to the next room. Venis' eyes lit up when she saw the arcade. "This is an arcade Gwendolan. These are interactive games." She walked over to a skiball table and looked it over. No money required. So she hit the button and released the balls. It didn't take her long to get through the balls. But she had scored thirty-two thousand points. Not a bad score.

She looked over at Gwendolan. "We have a moment for you to try a quick game as well. This one is rather simple. You roll the balls along the runway like I did, then they pop up and drop into the holes. You score points according to the hole they drop into." She waited to see what Gwendolan would do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:56 pm

"An arcade? I like the lights. And the sound is not to bad."

She looked at the balls then at the covered orb she had been pulling along. She looked back to the game and released the cloak. She watched the orb for a moment as it floated right there not moving.

She had watched Venis when she played and pushed the button. The balls rolled down from somewhere makeing a clacking noise as they did. She smiled and picked one up. She threww it up the lane and got no points as it just hit a side and then fell through the crack at the bottom.

Gwen made a face and tilted her head as she studied it a moment. She then moved a bit to the left and picked up another ball. It made a score and so did all the others. She even got one into the center hole.

She looked at Venis and smiled.

"That was fun."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:53 am

Venis chuckled. "Well, you are welcome to come out here to play anytime." She looked around the room as she made sure to walk a wide radius around the orb. Then she headed for the door. "Well, if the snack bar and the arcade are over here on this side of the hall." She wasn't sure if she was correct or not, but she figured she would see when Gwendolan opened the other two doors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:57 am

Gwen gathered the edges of the cloak again and began to pull the orb along behind her. Walking out the door she crossed the hall. There were two door here. She opened the first one. It was very dimly lit. There was a machine of some kind there and it was moving and making a soft noise.

"Venis, do you know what this is?"
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:09 am

Venis looked over at what Gwendolan was talking about. Her mouth fell agape. "It's an old reel projector, for playing movies on." She walked over and looked at it with a smile. Her one hand had returned to her stomach, but her other hand was going over the machine, not touching it as it was running, but just looking it over really good. "Wow, I had no idea there was one of these even around here." She had previously owned one, but had no way of knowing if this particular one was it or not. She was just in awe of the machine even being there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:26 am

She listened a bit confused.

"Movies? If this is for playing movies where is the magic box?"

She watched her movements still confused.

"Perhapse it is the same."

She left the room and moved to the last door. She opened it and went in. Just as she entered there was a loud explosion coming from the speakers surounding the theater. Before her was the largest magic box she had ever seen.

Gwen dropped to her knees hands over her ears.

"MAKE IT STOP"

The noise was to much for her.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:24 am

And there was the magic box. As soon as Venis saw Gwendolan release the cloak, she brought her hands up over her head and clapped them together. The resounding clap formed a sound proof bubble around the pair. Much like the one she had placed over the orb, only this was encased them both. Gwendolan wouldn't see the bubble, but the muted sounds would let her know it was there.

Once Venis had done as Gwendolan asked and made it stop she waited a second for the ringing in her ears to stop. Then she chose to speak. "There's the magic box. Only it works backwards of the ones at the Inn. The project a picture from the back to the screen, this one projects a picture from the front to the screen. See the light up there?" She pointed to the light from the projector room that was shining down to the big screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5