Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Works of Art (Open)

Go down

Works of Art (Open) Empty Works of Art (Open)

Post by FirenIce Sun May 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Samantha, very much like her twin brother. had her own ways of venting the frustrations that came with their mutual conditions. unfortunately where Toby had ran off to India, and learned the zen ways of Buddhism, to help himself cope with it. Samantha discovered art. Art in different forms, at times it was of a modern form of art, others it was more traditional styles.

Her Favorite however was ice sculpting, it was easy for her, considering her abilities and she had gotten really quite good at it over the years. It was that desire, the desire to create that drew Samantha out to the Garden this morning, yes it was early when she made it out here just after sunrise. Of Course now it was bright and wonderful, Maybe that's why she came out so early. So that her work was ready for the fun stuff by the time people might be out and about.

It took her all morning to get to the point she was. despite how easy she makes it look, pulling so much moisture together into a large block of ice was hard. easier in the morning, with so much moisture in the air from the morning dew and all that. Now though Samantha had before her a vaguely humanoid shape male body shape. she was wearing pair of dark blue jeans and a white T-shirt. with big black letters that read."We bleed red too" back home it was a statement that her kind deserves to be treated fairly. Hair was pinned up neatly up and back, kept off of her neck while her hands rubbed over the shaped block of ice before her. Skin was luminescent red, pulsing heat through the molten skin that went up to her forearm, which faded to her natural skin tone through a series of rather serious looking burns.

Doing things like that always hurt, they hurt alot. of course Samantha has grown used to such pain and could do well to hide it, and if you ever asked her. The Kennedy would simply deny it. 'no not at all... cant feel anything in it.' was her favrorite response to that question. The next question she was probably going to get. would be 'Why are you doing that?' to which her response may have more then likely been. "Why not do it?"
FirenIce
FirenIce

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Works of Art (Open) Empty Re: Works of Art (Open)

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 3:47 am

Venis had been asked to go out to the garden to see the spot that Seleen had picked for the wedding ceremony. She had no problem doing that for her friend. Even though she was still waiting for a yes or no from Armandeus and De'Ryanna. But this way, if they said no, Venis could recreate the spot at the keep. Same flowers and everything. Of course, that meant transporting all the guests again. And Seleen would settle if she had to, but she met Shuda in this garden, and she wanted to marry him in it too.

So Venis, being the dutiful Matron of Honor, rose early to go out to the garden to see this 'magical' spot. She slid on a pair of loose fit blue jeans with holes in them, an AC/DC T-shirt, black of course, and her black high heeled cowboy boots. She ran a brush through her hair, which took longer than the getting dressed did given that her hair was still dragging the ground behind her. It was now twenty-seven inches behind her on the ground in her bare feet. Seleen had been too busy to cut it and Venis didn't trust herself to cut it straight.

She put some mousse in her bangs and the hair around her face. Then she heated her hands and used that heat to dry the hair in place. She looked like she belonged in an AC/DC music video. She gave a passing thought to what her hair might look like if she ever straightened it. She freshened her make up, blindly of course, as she had no reflection, and made sure to put on her SPF 90 sun screen. She planned on being outside most of the day. She grabbed her purse and some black sunglasses and headed out.

Her heels clicked along the hardwood floors as she made her way out to the garden. She wasn't two steps out into the garden when the Goddess of Protection was slammed with a sense of someone in physical pain. But they seemed to have become accustomed to it and they were masking it well. She stood there with her hand on her stomach for a moment. She had some saltine crackers in her purse. Not exactly appealing to the vampire's pallet, but they worked good on her stomach. It was a habit she had only recently adopted. It made her life a little easier to deal with.

As she began to eat the crackers she scanned the gardens for the being she had felt. She listened for their heartbeat, she tried to pick up the scent of their blood. She finished the first cracker of the pair that came in the package and she began to walk again. The movement would make it easier for her to find the being she was seeking. She picked up a scent before any sound was detected. Burnt flesh. That was a scent Venis knew a whole lot about.

Follow your nose, it always knows. And that was exactly what she did. As she neared the being she almost mistook it for human. But it was more than human. Oh the heart beat that she picked up was human enough, but the blood that heart was pumping. The blood seemed somehow enhanced, like it was ... Mutated. Venis had met a few mutants in her three hundred and thirty-two years. So she wasn't surprised to smell one now. Some of them tried to hide what they were from the world. Others chose to flaunt it. Either way, Venis treated them like human, unless she was asked to not do so.

When she came across the brunette woman she was not surprised to see her. From behind she appeared to not have any cosmetic mutations. Not that Venis would be bothered either way. She saw that the woman was ice sculpting, that did catch her a little off guard. Kahn did that sometimes. And sometimes she helped. She didn't want to disturb the woman, but she wanted to see if there was anything she could do to help. Be it with the pain or otherwise. So she cleared her throat and intentionally stepped on some dead leaves to make a sound to signal her approach. "Hello, lovely day for some art in the garden." Spoken softly once she was closer to the woman. She was back just far enough to keep from getting hit if the woman turned to swing.

Back to top Go down

Post by FirenIce Mon May 25, 2009 2:55 pm

((I'm really really sorry this took me so long))

Samantha had been off on her own little planet. Samanthium X-12. She had come to call it, it was her happy place, the place she went off to whenever she focused on something long enough and the rest of everything went away, It was bad in some instances, like if Venis had come to attack Samantha The Mutant would not have noticed her until it was potentially too late. Good thing though that wasnt the case. Though if it was, Samanthe sure knew how to handle herself well enough.

By the Time Venis had made it outt o where young Miss Kennedy was working not only had she started working on facial defenition in the statues face but she had created for herself a step ladder. Clear and made of ice, a spiderweb of cracks filling the brick, Converse Chuck Taylors where not the best thing to wear on the ice. But then again when it was at your command you didnt have to worry about things like that. That is of course unless someone speaks up and slams you back to the planet from off on Samanthium X-12. The voice, spoken so softly probably did more to startle the young woman then someone walking up and shouting. Body tensing her foot slipped and Samantha Kennedy's body fell forward into her ice sculpture drapped over the male form like a damsel in distress. until she got her balence and pivoted on her heel. Eyes ablaze with a similar molted quality that had graced her forearms. one hell of an Evil eye for a moment.

" You do Realize that I could have died just then right? And that its rude to sneak up on someone like that." A stern tone to her voice giving a chiding tone. before giving a nod and exhaling a deep breath eyes fading to their normal color. and she took a deep breath."Yes, I thought so too... mostly why I came out today." tone taking a bit of a petulant ring at that moment.

That was when Samantha jumped down from her step ladder, wet shoes sliping on the grass but she caught herself, leaning back against the step ladder she had made for herself.It was then that Samantha got a good look at the lad that had startled her, taking in the ensemble she was wearing. The boots killed the look for Samantha, she was never a fan of cowboy boots and the high hels on them didnt help. Though the AC/DC shirt saved the day, Sam loved the old Aussies and that they where still able to rock."Sorry about shouting... but you really should be more careful about sneaking up on people. Samantha..." the Burns on Samanthas rigth arm soon overtook the molten quality of her skin. soon third degree burns skin melted but it soon smoothed and she was healed, offering her hand out to the woman.
FirenIce
FirenIce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 4:23 am

((Not even a problem sweety. I have a whole lot of characters and a whole lot of SL's to keep up with. Sometimes it's nice to have one that takes a minute.))

Seeing the young woman slip and start to fall forward Venis bolted forward prepared to catch her if need be. But, her lovely statue had done so rather well. Quite the sturdy block of ice. And the shape was rather nice as well. The woman had a good eye.

Score one for Samantha. She had done something very few ever had. She startled the Goddess. She had not expected the tone or the eyes. Though the eye contact didn't last long. Mutated or not, she was still human. And then it came right down to it, there were very few who Venis would look into their eyes for longer than a few seconds. At least, not until she got to know them better and the strength of their mind.

The hand was extended and Venis saw the flesh and how nicely it recovered from it's trauma. This made a smile hint at the corners of her mouth. She extended her hand as well. "Venis, pleasure." A firm, yet gentle couple of shakes before releasing the offered hand. Her voice was her usual softness. There were no undertones, she simply spoke as if she was engaging in casual conversation with a friend. "I truly am sorry about startling you Samantha. I was actually trying to not startle you." She let the rest of that smile creep onto her features.

She looked over the womans shoulder at the ice sculpture. "It is quite lovely. You do beautiful work." She continued to look at the statue for a moment before looking back at Samantha. "Do you mind if I ask you a personal question Samantha?" She didn't want to be overly intrusive, but she wanted to know just in case there was a way she could help. After all, it was her job to protect life, and helping ease pain came hand in hand with that job.

Back to top Go down

Post by FirenIce Sun May 31, 2009 11:11 pm

"Its alright Ms. Venis, part of the family paranoia. Two uncles assassinated, a third died in a plane accident and a fourth who had constant threats while i was growing up will do that to you... Family curse, not your fault." a small awkward apologetic smile from the young Kennedy who slid both hands into the back pockets of her jeans. Eyes watching the woman carefully. Stepping to the side of her half finished sculpture, which was exactly when that small awkward smile became a great excited one.

"I think so, not really done with it yet, but it is off to an amazingly good start. Art is seldom so cooperative with the artist."A nod in the afirmative before eyes returned to the woman that made Samantha feel a little dwarfed by her size. well at least in this form she was dwarfed. Samantha has the ability to acontrol her mas when she encased her body in the ice she commanded control over. Which begged the thought....'what would it be like if I where that tall.' Venis could probably see Samantha's eyes loose focus as the scientist thought of that prospect.

Eyes snapped back though at Venis' question before perfectly sculpted eyebrows rose up in suprise at such a forward question." I, well I suppose you can ask one, but I cant promise that I'll answer it" a very protective answer, she was both a Kennedy and a mutant, you had to be, a family curse ontop of being a mutant, you have to be safe with all of that.
FirenIce
FirenIce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:52 am

Venis nodded in response to the family curse issue. She sort of had one of her own in a way. So she understood. Though, hers did not involve such things as assassinations and plane crashes. But she understood the cursed part at least. "Please, just Venis. I feel old when people stand on formalities." She gave the woman a soft, gentle smile. She may have been nearing her three hundred and thirty-third birthday, but she didn't look a day over twenty-one.

Venis did see Samantha's eyes loose focus. It happened in that brief moment that Venis looked at them. But her eyes darted away again to avoid looking into them. She had been so distracted lately that she was lapsing in her control over some of her natural abilities. Like capturing a mind by looking into ones eyes. So she avoided the staring into the eyes deal.

But Samantha did snap back as Venis was looking at the sculpture once again. She was given permission to ask the question. Just not guaranteed an answer, which suited Venis just fine. "Are you used to the pain and just don't feel it anymore, or do you block it? Because I might be able to help." She wasn't completely sure she could, she would have to learn more about the when and whys of those burns before she would know for sure. But asking was a good place to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by FirenIce Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:33 am

"Alright then, Venis...hm, That is some question... a little weird, because I never mentioned being in pain." Her voice picks up a bit of a tone and arms where brought to fold over her chest, just underneath her bust line. eyes watching the tall woman with silent regard for a moment, before she cracked and smiled. "Or you're empathic and that's not at all a weird question... Run into my fair share of empaths before, a lot of politicians hire them back home, help them sort of get the feel of a room..." Samantha gave a nod while Arms unfolded from her chest, and one was held out before her, curled up at the elbow.

" The pain, every single nerve ending in my arm literally explodes and burns. It really only actually hurts for about a minute or so. Its still there but my brain doesnt process it correctly by the time it gets up there, its sort of just white noise." As she spoke Venis could probably see her skin exploding out with the molten fire cause by an excitement of the mitochondrial RNA within each cell of her body. starting at the tips of her fingers and slowly spreading down to her forearm, the molten skin edged with a half inch of serious looking third degree burns.

"Pain, when its there a reminder sort of, you know so I don't forget that life isnt all puppy dogs and faeries ... Besides I used to use pain killers, but they really don't work, so I sort of just deal with the pain. unless you're a geneticist on par with Barbara Mclintock... I don't think you could do much more then I've already tried..." another small smile. and a nod, before she pushed back up onto her big block of side, standing up onto it again. HA now she was taller. that helped a bit. Samantha didn't like to feel short in any given situation."Thank you though, alot of other Empaths dont really make the offer."
FirenIce
FirenIce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:11 am

Venis almost chuckled at Samantha. She had expected the tone and the posture, and for that reason, found it rather humorous. But she was on her best behavior at the moment. But then it was like a light went on in Samantha's head, and what she said next actually caught Venis off guard. An empath? Venis had not heard that term in about seventy-five years or more.

Venis had to smile then. It seemed to put Samantha more at ease to think Venis an empath, and given her abilities, it was a good comparison, so Venis went with it. Venis did watch her arm as she spoke. It was rather interesting to her. When Venis combusted, it wasn't quite like that. She reached out like she was going to touch her, but didn't. She hadn't asked and it would be rude.

She continued to listen to Samantha. The woman knew a thing or two about pain. That was always a good thing given her mutation. Venis had met other mutants who probably would never have the level of control that Samantha did. It was rather impressive. "I've often said that pain is a reminder that you're still alive." Venis didn't feel pain very often, other than her constantly upset stomach that is. She felt that pain non-stop.
But then again, why would she usually feel other types of pain, after all, she was dead, right? "I'm not a geneticist, no. More along the lines of a chemist. If I made you some pastes and creams would you be willing to try them?" She would take the no if it was given, but she was hoping for at least a maybe if not a yes. She noticed how getting up onto the ice and making herself taller made Samantha feel more relaxed. That was a good thing. In Venis' experience, relaxation was good for pain.

Venis had not exactly expected a thank you from the woman either. That was something she just did not get a lot of. She truly liked this woman. Liked her enough to think of her as a woman and not a child or a girl. Which at her age, most she met were children or girls and boys in comparison, which wasn't exactly meant as a bad thing. "And ether way, you are welcome. I truly enjoy helping others alleviate their pain. No matter the source." Of course, that was because the less pain in the world, the better her stomach felt. But Samantha, Samantha she would have helped upset stomach or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down