Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Hearing a noise (a log)

Go down

Hearing a noise (a log) Empty Hearing a noise (a log)

Post by Gwendolan Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Gwen was in her room when she heard crying coming from across the hall. She got up from the chair after putting her book down and went to the door and knocked. She knew it was a child crying.

Well Gavin was sound asleep which meant that it was Aiden who had taken a tumble off the couch where he fell asleep at as well, who was crying now. And Kyle he now had him in his arms

"Shhhh, shhh it's okay little one, it's just a bump on your head"

Hearing the knock on the door now, he made his way to the door with Aiden opening it up, seeing a new face now.

"Hello"

"Hello, I am sorry to bother you. I heard the little one here crying and...."

Yes Gwen was still not real confident around new people; she was stumbling over her words.

"Do you want some help?"

He watched her as she spoke and thought about it for a moment. Before nodding his head.

"Sure, come on in, I mean I don't know how much help there is. Knowing Aiden here, he will probably be out once he stops crying, poor kid got my sleeping habits."

He chuckled softly as he stepped to the side now.

She would enter the room and see the other little one on the couch.

"You have twins?"

She smiled as she looked between the two.

"They are handsome."

Her eyes sparkled, she loved children. Though her own daughter was grown now with a child of her own.

He nodded his head for a moment

"Yea I have twins, they are eighteen months old, will be nineteen on the twenty-third."

Another nod of his head as he closed the door quietly, Aiden here in his arms already starting to fall asleep

"This little guy, is Aiden."

He then motioned to the couch

"That little guy is Gavin"

"Just old enough to start really testing their independence and getting into everything."

Her smile would widen.

"My daughter got out of her bed in the middle of the night when she was their age. She went outside and fell asleep in some bushes in the yard. I remember looking for her. It was a scary feeling."

She remembered that night like it had happened yesterday and not more than a hundred years ago.
"She was independent even at that age."

He nodded his head a bit.

"Yea that sounds like Gavin, always getting into everything, talking about everything. Little guy will talk your ear off if you let him."

He continued to rock Aiden, even though he was asleep now.

"Aiden here, he always ends up by me, he's always been the quiet one"

"It is amazing that twins who look so much like each other can be so different."

She just kept looking from one to the other.

He nodded his head once more as he looked to Gavin for a moment before looking back to her.

"Would you like something to drink? I don't have much really, just water, Gatorade, apple and orange juice."

He nodded his head once more

She smiled.

"Orange juice if it is not to much trouble."
She held her arms out for Aiden.

"I'll hold him for you."

He nodded his head, seeing her hold out her arms, he turned his body slightly so she could take Aiden. Once he was out of his arms he smiled to her once more

"Orange juice it is."

Another nod of his head now and he headed to the kitchen now, coming back a few minutes later with a glass of orange juice.

"Here you go. So, are you new around here?"

Yea he wasn't a good conversation starter

She took the small child carefully and cradled him in her arms. It had been so long since she had held a little one. It brought back memories and made her long for another child. She smiled as she took the OJ "Thank you." She took a drink from it. and moved to sit down

He headed to the couch now, but instead of sitting on the couch, he took a seat on the floor so that he wouldn't wake up Gavin.

"Take a seat please, no need to sit there and stand the whole time"

He nodded his head once more.

"And your welcome if you want anymore by all means just grab some."

He then thought for a moment

"Oh yea...I'm Kyle"

She looked at him as she sat down next to Gavin on the couch and looked down at Kyle.

"Hello Kyle, I'm Gwendolan, I have been here for a couple months now."

Another slight nod as he shifted a bit on the floor so he could look to her better now.

"wow, yea umm I'm slow you get used to it"

He chuckled quietly

"It is a pleasure to meet you. As for me I've been here maybe a month at the most"

She nodded as she pushed her hair behind her pointed ear.

"I have not been around people in a long time, I tend to forget about things like introductions. I am still getting used to social interactions."

"Yea I just tend to forget because well I just do. Something you get used to with me, trust me."

He chuckled softly once more turning to completely face her now.

"And please..don't ask about their mother, its a umm touchy topic. I tell everyone that, that way they know up front you know"

She nodded.

"I will not ask about their mother if you promise never to ask about my daughters father, that is also a touchy subject."

She felt at ease right now and it was beginning to show. She was no longer stumbling over her words.

He nodded his head once more, and offered her a smile

"you have yourself a deal. I mean eventually I may say something, it's just."

He pointed to the two boys

"Not with them out here you know. It's not something that they need to know this early in life"

She nodded.

"I completely understand, I would never have spoken ill about Emilia's father when she was that young either."

"Yea trust me I don't blame you, people think at this young, they wouldn't understand...they understand."

He nodded his head once more as he sat back now using his hands to brace himself up now.

"You know, I look at those two, and I wish I could give them a little sister. I really do believe they would make great big brothers, but then again I'm also a bit biased too"

Random yes, but that was Kyle for you.

"Yes, they do, at this age they soake up everything like a sponge."

She would not think his thoughts random at all.

"I would like to give my daughter a little sister or brother too."

"Yea it would be nice to one day give them a sister, who knows maybe i will. All depends on the fates and destiny and all that good stuff"

He nodded his head once more before instantly that blush hit and he realized what he was talking about

"Oh crap I umm....sorry I didn't mean to start talking about something so personal..."

She looked at him and smiled.

"Think nothing of it, I was actually thinking that I would like another child before you said anything, it has been more than a hundred years since I held a child in my arms. I made me miss being a mother to one so young."

"Yea I mean I know I'm twenty-two some people would say there is no business for me even thinking about wanting another child, but what can I say..I want my daughter."

He chuckled softly though he was actually thinking about it as well as he looked back to her.

"God i could never imagine going that long without having a child."

She smiled.

"I will live to be well over one thousand years old. One hundred years is nothing when you think of it in those terms."

"Okay that is true...I think"

He blinked a couple times as he thought about that for a moment.

"I have no clue how long I will live, I just you know take it one day at a time."

Another nod of his head.

"And you can say it, I have time to have a daughter...I want one now!"

Aww was that a bit of a tantrum, he just threw! Hey he never did deny he was a kid at heart

She tilted her head down and looked at the sleeping child in her arms.

"I do too, but the man in my life at the moment..."

She thought a moment.

"Well, we are just not at that stage in our relationship, I could never be with someone I did not love."

"Yea, I'm just now getting into a relationship for the first time since their mother...."
He looked to the boys for a moments and then her, and mouthed the word 'Left" He waited for a moment

"It's a bit scary yet at the same time like, it's a new beginning too you know and you look forward to it."

She nodded.

"I know exactly what you mean, before the man I am seeing now I had not been with anyone in a very long time. In Fact there has only ever been him and my daughters father."

Another nod

"Sounds like me, well with the woman in my life now and their mother."

He nodded his head once more, now finally laying down on the floor and closing his eyes.

"But you never know what fate has planned for you. I may never get my daughter. I may find out before the year is over I will have one, you never know"

"You are right you may never know."

She smiled.

"For now I need to go, if you ever need help or a babysitter or anything then you will find me in the room right across the hall."

"Alright, it was a pleasure meeting you. And you take care"

She stood from the couch and carefully laid the sleeping child down on it.

"I will if you promise to do the same."

She then left and returned to her own room.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum