Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

x- the 'tardis family' settles in -x closed

Go down

x- the 'tardis family' settles in -x closed Empty x- the 'tardis family' settles in -x closed

Post by catherine dtardis Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:03 am

x[ this takes place after the check-in thread 'a gorgeous red headed woman arrives' but since it's done i figured i'd post it! ]x

while the baby still seemed very awake, after eating a nice big lunch he seemed a bit more calm, which was enough for catherine. if she could get him to lay on the bed with her and watch television, that would all she needed. because she knew eventually it would lead to a request for a bottle, and then a bottle would mean a nap. as she carried her son up the bed, he sang a song in nonsense syllables and poked at one of her buns. his song was interrupted only by a burp, which made catherine laugh. "that's a very clever thing to add to your song, baby," she teased him with a tickle to his side. the baby replied as he squealed, "mama no tickles!" because who wouldn't say no tickles when they were full? "okay, i'll let you off this time, but remember those tickles are always waiting to get little boys!" she poked his stomach as she stopped in front of the door to their room. she hadn't locked it when she went downstairs, so it was just turn the knob and open!

And just as she opened the door she would see the TARDIS, taking up the majority of the room, it had just materialized completely and just as she opened the door so did the Doctor, and he was going for a brilliant greeting but instead she could hear. "oh bollocks..." he had faced the TARDIS at the wall. "kitty! hey! you guys need to exit the room and enter again, I've got this thing all mucked up."

and the doctor could her a little shriek of surprise when she stepped inside the room and saw the tardis. did he realize that he was going to put her in an early grave with his time tricks! the baby, however, had a very different reaction. "DADA!" he said with great triumph, trying to squirm out of his mothers arms and tugging to be put down. "hi dada hi!" in the baby's excitement, a hiccup was the end of that sentence. "try telling your son that, tick, he's really got a different idea on the subject." catherine said that as she tried to keep a hold on her son, and a second hiccup from the baby was heard. she'd try, though. "come on baby, dada's failed parallel parking again..." he'd hear catherine snicker a little bit as the door to the room closed.

"you know what! I'd like to see you try and keep the gyro right faced when traveling through time! and hello son, Daddy will be right about in a second." and the TARDIS' engines could be heard for a few revs and then a very muffled. "Alright! Open the door on three... One, two, three." and on three he pushed the door to the TARDIS open, giving his nice charming smirk. "did you miss me?"

"well i'd like to think i do that quite well after i've been given a bit of help from the resequencer!" catherine called that smartly through the door with a firm nod of her head. she didn't remember much of her time whenever she was a timelady, but thanks to the trip to polythia which was when lumie joined their family, she knew she could operate the tardis on her own when she was like that. the baby huffed in between hiccups, and was knocking on the door rather impatiently, as if that would get his father to open it. "your father..." catherine said that with a little grin at the baby as she put her hand on the knob, and waited for him to say three. when he did she opened the door like she was supposed to, and the baby squealed with glee and another triumphant, "DADA!" this time catherine put him down, and of course the baby made a beeline for his father. "missed you and was worried about you, more like...do you have any idea what it's like walking into a place at random only to be handed a message from you and realize that it wasn't random that i picked here at all? the only reason we came in here was because killian was singing that he had a dirty diaper at the top of his lungs and people were staring..."

And the doctor reached down and scooped his son up, giving a great big raspberry. "I'm sorry kitty. I just didn't want you guys worry about not knowing... wait, did you say he was singing that he had a dirty diaper..." and he gave his son a look. "hey son, remember that little chat we had about shouting things?"

"how the heck could we worry about something we didn't know?" how ironic that catherine was asking that, considering she was one of the biggest worriers on the planet. she stuck her tongue out at her husband, and moved over to him and her son, going up on her toes to give her husband a kiss. "i'm just glad you're alright, blue level emergency," that last bit said with a little scoff on her part as she shed her hoodie. the baby, on the other hand, was bouncing in his fathers arms as he sang a wordless little tune, very happy to see his father. so when he did asked him that, he flashed his daddy his most angelic smile and simply replied, "heh heh."

"well poopie in the pants is part of those things we're not supposed to sing about out infront of everyone..." he said with a firm nod, still bouncing his son, before bouncing him down onto the bed, stepping to his wife and giving her a squeeze. "yeah, someone thought he could outsmart me, by masking his time signature during the digital television transition, when the airwaves are voce of television signals. pft...some people."

"poooopy die-pee..." killian sang that softly to himself, as if he was trying to quietly show his father the merits of what he felt was a very good song. it sounded kind of funny with the doctor bouncing him while he was singing, but the doctor would get an idea. a merry laugh from the baby as he was bounced, but catherine noticed it was thankfully a bit more sedate than killian wild energy from earlier. he bounced on his bottom for a moment, and then started to crawl his way to the cookie plate. catherine grinned coyly at her husband as he gave her a squeeze, leaning up to press another kiss to his lips. "yes, some people. i was hoping you'd join us for a swim in the cold lake..." she gave her husband's sides a pinch.

"well yes, I'm not so much a fan of the ice cold lake in february now if you wanted to go to Bora Bora and go for a nice swim, I'd be all over that." a big wild smile from the doctor who reached around and pinched her bottom before, shedding his long over coat and tossing it back into the open TARDIS lowering down to the bed. oh cookies - and like son like father 'ey?"

a yelp when he pinched her backside, most likely covering up a laugh. "i don't know what planet bora bora is but it sounds nice..." catherine said that with a little grin at her husband, as she sat down on the edge of the bed. "is that the sort of place that's even nicer when the boys go and visit gran?" now her grin was about as big and wild as his was. "where is lumie, anyway?" as they spoke, killian was continuing mission:sweeties. "mmmmm." he said in great anticipation of the cookies. he plunked down when he was within reach, and took one off the plate. shoving it into his mouth, when the doctor said like 'like father like son', killian had heard that phrase enough before to understand what it meant. with his other free hand he picked up a second cookie, saying around the one in his mouth, "cookie dada?" as he held it out to him. how sweet was that! it was probably a bribe, so that he'd be allowed to sing his poopy diaper song in public still.

"absolutely my son, thank you." and the doctor took the cookie and took a nice big bite. "oh these are good, not as good as yours but good. and yes Bora Bora is better when the boys visit gran." he said with a nice little grin up at his wife, offering her a bit of his cookie. "Lumie he's taking a nap, had a rough day apparently."
catherine dtardis
catherine dtardis

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

x- the 'tardis family' settles in -x closed Empty Re: x- the 'tardis family' settles in -x closed

Post by catherine dtardis Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 am

"absolutely my son, thank you. oh these are good, not as good as yours but good. and yes Bora Bora is better when the boys visit gran. Lumie he's taking a nap, had a rough day apparently."

killian beamed angelically at his father around the cookie he was gnashing. yup, totally a bribe. as the baby busied himself with the cookie, catherine shifted to lay on her stomach next to her husband, taking the bit of offered treat and popping it into her mouth. she hadn't checked her blood sugar within the past few hours, but she'd had a proper lunch and hadn't had any sweets in a few days so a cookie or two wouldn't hurt, and just a piece of a cookie would hurt even less. "the woman who you gave the message to had them put here in our room, she was very nice and helpful...and maybe we should look into that, i'm sure gran would love to have them, she always does." and then, casting an eye at her cookie gnashing son, she added to her husband in sign language so the baby wouldn't hear, 'our son needs to follow lumie's example, it's his nap time....'

The doctor put the rest of his cookie in his mouth with a firm nod, moving down to pick his son up, putting the boy down in his lap before giving a nice over-exaggerated yawn, laying down nice and comfy next to mommy. "oh well isnt this just the snuggliest little moment ever here 'ey son?" and he gave his son a nice snuggle. yeah he had his ways of getting killian to nap.

killian always loved attention from his father. so when he was pulled into his dad's lap the baby didn't fuss, and he laid propped up against his father's chest and shifted until comfortable. "mmmmm." killian felt he had to add that to make sure that they didn't take his cookie away, because he was enjoying it. he took the cookie out of his mouth to say, "whoa-bots boom?" that was his new way of saying he wanted to watch television. not just any television, but the kind daddy put on for him. catherine gave the doctor the stink eye, still not pleased that those two had been watching the terminator when she got home from a run last week. "we can see what's on, baby..." she tried to negociate, picking up the remote and turning the television on. as she starting flicking channels, she curled up next to her husband and son. her head resting on the doctor's shoulder, she reached out to gently rubbed her son's stomach. this was a two parent 'go to bed killian' nap assault!

the doctor was all ready to say yes, but then he noticed the stink eye and then changed his nod just in time to agree with mommy. "Mommy is right we'll see what's on. maybe, maybe not... maybe we can watch the history channel and laugh at the innaccuracies.... does that sound like fun?"

catherine scoffed softly. "for those of us who know enough about the history of everything in the universe to find that funny..." she gave him a little elbow to his rib after she said that, looking up at him with a little smirk. despite her little dig, she did watch the screen to see if there was a channel that looked very history oriented. the baby just gave a little squeal as he continued to nosh on his cookie, feeling rather agreeable since he was getting snuggle time. he picked up one of his legs, and with his free hand he pulled his shoelaces on one shoe untied.

"OW! stop it, ey?" rubbing his ribcage with a look at his wife, still petting his son, eyes watching him untie his shoe, instead of the television. "now can you do the rest of that task son? pull it off entirely?"

catherine snickered, giving her husband a little pinch out of love. at least that's what she would tell him it was out of if he complained about it! "this looks like it might....no, no that's not historical at all." catherine rather quickly flipped the channel from whatever had unfolded on the screen, trying the next. it was a show about the different properites and history of a food item and how you could apply that to your recipies, and it was no secret that catherine was hooked to any program that had to do with food. "this is sort of historical!" catherine said that triumphantly, putting the remote on the night stand. the man who did the program wore glasses and seemed to know a lot, tick would be able to appreciate that right? the tilted his head up at his father, and then coughed as a bit of cookie crumb tickled the back of his throat. he set the cookie down, babbling something to his father in babyspeak as he tried to pull off his shoe, grunting with the effort.

"technically thats true, since this is an old episode." the doctor looked down at his son for a sign of approval, and a lack of a comment was good enough for the doctor who turned his eyes to the channel and watched, petting his son as he watched the TV box. "you know we could just make it so the TV only showed food shows too."

the baby was now busy trying to kick his little shoe off, and was thus far unsuccessful. a little huff came from the boy, and he dropped the task - for now - to rub at his eyes. finally, finally the baby yawned. his eyes too went to the television. any show where something was being made made him a happy baby. though now that his dad had asked if he could take his shoe off, that would be killian's new quest until he managed it. catherine smiled as she watched the boy, giving his stomach a short little rub as she said soothingly, "all that walking i'm sure your shoes just don't want to come off, baby." then she looked up at the doctor. "no, we can't do that. then i wouldn't be able to watch my show...." that strange soap opera with the aliens who had far more arms than anyone catherine had ever met. it was an addictive program. probably because it had subliminal message in it or something. "and just cooking shows...even i would get tired of that. and you would definitely get tired of that, not having your gadget shows..."

"he'll get it." the doctor said with a smile down at his boy. "try loosening the string a bit son. that way it won't be so tight." the doctor smiled big back up at kitty. "and killian wouldnt be able to enjoy his robot movies. he really likes the robot movies, isnt that right son?" a pat to his sons head. "you should watch one with us something my love, I think you'd enjoy it."

"pppfht." was what the baby answered to his father. that was killian for, 'yeah later dad'. the baby was actually getting tired and didn't feel like a new quest. "whoa-bots boom!" though he said that quietly, he did manage to put some umph in his agreement. his eyes were hooded as he watched the television. catherine sighed, and gave her husband a pinch. "there have to be robot movies that are for chidren somewhere in time and space, can't he watch those? i'd watch those with him. the one you two were watching the other day was a bit too much for him." she wasn't going to bend on this one, doctor.

"i mean, there are... but you can ask lumie who watched more TV then anyone else, those ones arent as good." a firm nod but then he thought. "well there is one thats not too bad. it's staring that guy from that one movie we watched. aliens invaded earth on the fourth of july. but it's a bit easier. less explosions." and he reached over and gave her a pinch back.

"YES," thank you doctor for giving her ammunition. she squirmed and gave him a playful smack after he pinched her. the baby had all but fallen asleep as this point, evidenced by the fact that he was starting to breathe in a near-snore. "lumie, exactly. he's a perfect example of how impressionable young people are and how television makes very big impressions, ever since he's watched those james bond movies he's been slinking around and spying on everyone for almost a month now..."

"not everyone! just that friend of Arcadia's. and it's not like he watched a marathon! I told him he could only watch one every three days and he's been really very good about that." a firm nod and he returned her smile. "and it's becuase of those james bond movies that lumie isnt brooding away in his bedroom anymore and he's out playing and having fun."

and snore. mission:nap accomplished, the baby was out like a light and the sounds coming from him made that loud and clear. catherine didn't even blink at the sound of the baby's snoring, she was more than used to it. plus, she knew if she said anything about it the doctor would tease her about her own snoring. "oh i'm sure there are other people we don't know about that he spies on, tick..." and then, she made a little face as she pressed up against her husband, closing her eyes. "though....yes. you're right. this is much better than him brooding, or shutting himself up in his room to play those video games...."

"look at that, didnt even need a bottle." and the doctor squeezed his won a litle bit before leaning more into his wife, offering a little bit of a nod. "yes well, not all of those video games are bad, the wii, is a little entertaining at times, you should try it sometime... there is this game lumie has where you can bowl or play golf or bowl. it's really a sort of brilliant. you know for its time of course."

catherine and technology. she didn't shun technology, how could she when she lived with the doctor, but to her, "isn't it more fun to actually go out and do those things?" of course she would think that, being the perfectionist tireless athlete that she was. and then, she shrugged. "maybe i will at least once. to spend time with him doing something he likes to do, i think he would like it if i did that. but for now..." catherine reached her fingers up and brushed them through the doctor's hair, giving a little stroke to his cheek. "i think i'm very interested in this bora bora trip you suggested," she gave the doctor a coy smile. "i'm sure gran would appreciate it if we gave her both the boys while they were nice and angelically sleeping...." hint.

"well yes of course it is, but, it's not as easy to play with a team as it is on the video game system... and I am also very interested in that trip... I'm also very certain that gran would love two sleeping boys. here, you take him and put him in his carrier. I'll get the TARDIS set for Gran's house." leaning forward and pressing a nice little kissie against her lips.

catherine let her lips linger against her husbands, a little sneak peak at what was going to come on their little jaunt to bora bora. she gave his bottom a little smack, and him a little grin, before she carefully took their darling snoring child from him. "i can do that. i should probably wake up lumie, too, and at least tell him he's going to visit gran's so he can start planning his menu requests now..." catherine headed into the tardis, and she set the baby in his 'tardis seat' and fastened him in as securely as she could manage. the lovely inn they had a room in could wait, even though she didn't even know if it was a planet or not she had a feeling she was going to enjoy bora bora.

x- fin! -x
catherine dtardis
catherine dtardis

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down