Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Lounging in the Lounge

2 posters

Go down

Lounging in the Lounge Empty Lounging in the Lounge

Post by Epiphany Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:49 pm

(the post is open if your character happens to be around and not at the Ball!)

The Inn was the quietest it had been in months and that was because nearly everyone had gone to the Ball at Claremont Castle. It was sure to be a wonderful event, lots of glitz and glamor, fancy food and fun, a great opportunity to socialize with the other people, but Epiphany simply did not feel like going. She had attended nearly every single event over the past year at her old residence - The Alliance - and even the past three events here at the Inn; there had to come a time when she said no and stepped back from being social. Though she wasn't going, she had given Ryan and Ar something to take with them that would - maybe - make people think of her.

With a pleated skirt of purple and silver, black leggings, white high-top canvas sneakers, and a over-sized white sweater, she exited her room. Normally when she left, she had a word or two with the door but not tonight. On the outside of the door was a small sign that said: Gone for the weekend. Yes, even the door was gone, it had left after a final torment to Ar and Ryan. No matter to her, it was a good thing that she could get in and out of her room without the door, other wise they would see her around the Inn even less.

Though she knew the place was virtually empty, Epiphany looked up and down the hall before she moved away from the safety of the door. It wasn't that she was trying to hide or didn't want to be seen, it was more of a habit. Maybe it had a little to do with not wanting to be seen. She had with her something she really didn't know how to use all too well and maybe, just maybe, she was on the shy side about it. However, according to the person at the shop, this thin, titanium laptop that was named after a fruit was suppose to be very user friendly and easy to use! No sweat. The few times she had tinkered with it so far had been good. Not seeing anyone she proceeded down the hall and descended the steps.

It was too the Lounge she would go, that seemed like the perfect place. It was secluded, and yet out in the open and besides, she had only been in there once or twice before and the setting seemed to fit. A modern room for a modern tool. Now, how was she to go about this? When she was in town the other day she ran across some that were 'for people her age'. That's what the salesman had said. It had a lot of pictures of guys and girls in various clothing and engaged in sports, cooking, reading, one picture even had a person using a laptop! They were in a room and the TV was on. This what she was going to do too.

Epiphany grabbed the TV controller and went to the couch. Stretching out her legs she crossed them at the ankles and put the laptop in her lap. A click of the remote and the TV turned on, she wasn't going to watch it, apparently it only needed to be on for sound. Therefore it didn't matter to her that 'A Walk to Remember' was playing on the big screen.

Opening the laptop she fiddled with the blood red pendant she wore around her neck and went to work.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Lounging in the Lounge Empty Re: Lounging in the Lounge

Post by Elessar Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:35 am

Though Armandeus had joined the group going to the great Valentine's Ball, Elessar had chosen to remain behind. In addition to being an insomniac the Elf had become a recluse, only leaving his room when necessary.

Armandeus and De'Ryanna had stopped by the room before they left, and while Elessar had already made up his mind, the sight of the other Elf in a suit settled it. Elessar had a strong dislike of mortal clothing, always feeling that they were constricting when compared to Elven tunics and leggings. That was why, at the moment, he was dressed comfortably in an old handmade tunic and leggings, both dark in color. His boots had been taken off and were now sitting beside his bed.

It was going to be a peaceful night. With the majority of the Inn's guests at the Ball the Inn was blissfully quiet. Perhaps the silence made him brave, because Elessar was actually going to leave his room.

Before he became a recluse the Elf had discovered the wonders of the giant picture box in the Lounge. After the first initial shock and deafening loudness wore off, the television turned out to be not so bad. Elessar had even found a channel he enjoyed: The History Channel. While the Elf held mixed feelings for humans, he found their history fascinating. The segment on the Hanging Gardens had been one in particular.

With the thought of an evening full of television on the mind, El made his way out of his room, leaving his boots behind. Down the stairs and to the Lounge he went, only to stop in the doorway in surprise. Someone had beaten him there! With the television playing in the background it was possible she hadn't heard him, so he slowly made his way behind the couch. Leaning over the top of her head he grinned. "Elvellon!"
Elessar
Elessar

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:03 am

It was entirely possible to sneak up on Epiphany, especially when she wasn't paying attention. Tonight, she wasn't paying attention to anything but what was on the bright screen of her laptop. The whole thing was really quite amazing. If she moved her finger along the silver pad it made the arrow move. She could then make that arrow open up all these different applications, one of which was the 'Web', though why they called it the Web when it looked nothing like a web at all was beyond her. It didn't matter. It was probably better not to question too many things when it came this silver, microchip object that was named after a fruit anyway.

She only had a quick lesson on how to use the Web from Manny when they were in the store - he had showed her how to order flowers and, lo and behold, they actually got to her! Now she was thinking back on that as she looked at this 'web window'. What to search for? There were so many things she could have chosen but, since it was Valentine's Day, she chose to search for things pertaining to the occasion. The first thing was 'Love' and that brought up some interesting results, like the Love Calculator. If you typed in your full name, and the full name of your partner, it could tell you the success rating of the relationship. Could it really tell from just the names? How was that even possible? Dare she try it? Of course!

". . . .has a reasonable chance of working out, but on the other hand, it might not. Your relationship may suffer good and bad times." That was exactly what she wanted to read on a day like today. Not. That page was quickly closed and with a huff at that! Stupid calculator. It even had one of those disclaimers at the bottom that said the site had "no serious intention". So it was not to be trusted. Yeah, she would just have to remember that. Even if that line was true.

Next topic! Find Love. Yes, that was an interesting to search on next and it had even stranger results! There were all these links for match-making, how-to's and, wait.. what was this? There was this bright blue link that said "Find Love". Isn't that what she had typed into the bar? It was, so this had to be the link she was suppose to click!

Poor Epiphany, what she didn't know about the web was that there were these things called "Pop-ups' and they liked to, well, pop-up unexpectedly with wild and crazy things. These things were certainly unexpected. Her eyes were suddenly bombarded with images of girls with candy, girls laying across beds in odd poses, girls with phones to their ears and making seductive faces, and all other images that shocked her so much that she couldn't comprehend them at once.

This was when Elessar spoke to her and it shocked Epiphany so much that she jumped from the couch with a yelp, the laptop almost falling from her hands as she tried to close it and set it down. "Elessar! Y-y-you sca-- ah.. Hi!" Did he see what was on her screen? How terribly embarrassing! What if he asked? She didn't know how to explain it. One thing was for sure, she was defiantly going to go and see Manny about this. Maybe he could explain it!

A deep breath, she pushed back her hair and sat down on the couch, pushing the laptop to the other side. "Hi. Good to see you." Nervous. Nervous and a bit fidgety.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 pm

From his position leaning over the top of the couch, Elessar had a good view of Epiphany's laptop screen, but he also was in perfect view of the giant flat screen television. The set may have been on for background noise, but the sounds of strange music coming from it had momentarily distracted Elessar.

Turning towards the music, he froze, staring at the television in a state of mild shock. On the screen the young couple was kissing, but that wasn't what held his attention. It was utterly impossible, but that girl in the movie was a perfect twin of his beloved Cristiel. There was no words to describe what was suddenly going through Elessar's mind except that he had to get closer.

Unknowingly, he pushed away from the couch, moving towards the television. Up close the resemblance between the two women was eerie and caused Elessar to suck in a breath. How was it possible? There were hundreds of years and two realms between them. The question would be one left unanswered because Epiphany's startled yelp suddenly shattered the vision. Jumping himself, Elessar whirled around, a slightly guilty look on his face. He'd nearly forgotten she was there. "Hello Elvellon.." He coughed, edging away from the television. "It is good to see you as well."
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:50 pm

She was in luck, by Elessar's reaction she doubted that he had seen anything at all. For the moment Epiphany was safe and relaxed considerably, easing that laptop further down the couch. The further it was from her, the less incriminating. Had he even heard her? What could have taken his attention like that?

Leaning forward she looked from him to the scene that was playing out on the screen. This had done nothing to answer her question about why he was staring so. Epiphany hadn't been paying too much attention to the screen - she heard a few words here and there, caught a scene or four - just enough to have a general idea of what was going on. But now, now that he was looking at it with such intensity, so was she. Two people were kissing and dramatic type music was playing in the background to signify that the scene was important. Maybe he had seen the movie before and it was his favorite part? He'd seen people kissing before so... it couldn't be that.

Just like that, his attention came back to her and she took her eyes from the screen too and was looking right at him. Notice how now he was the one who seemed embarrassed. Interesting turn of events. Epiphany broke the look with a smile, she even patted a spot on the couch next to her - opposite of the laptop of course.

"You seem distracted." It was true! He had seemed distracted. "Like the movie?"
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Elessar looked like a deer that had been caught in the high beams of a car, nervous and a bit jumpy. Now that he had been caught he had moved away from the television and was now steadfast in not looking at it nor Epiphany. Instead he looked towards the empty end of the couch, away from the incriminating laptop, and gravitated towards it. Her words caught his ears as he sat and the question caused him to look up at her. She hadn't seen the resemblance! He almost laughed in relief, talking to himself more than her. "It's just a movie.."

Nope. Now, if she had known much of what the other had looked like, then she might have made the connection but since she hadn't, she didn't. Epiphany had moved over so he could take the seat if he wanted too. No biggie if he didn't. "For something that's 'just a movie' you seemed rather stricken by it. Like you've seen a ghost or something." She smiled and held back a chuckle. "I know this isn't your first time seeing a TV, so it's not that. Was there something else on the screen?" Looking back at it, the scene had changed now - of course - but the point was still there. "So.. what was it?" curious. Always.

No truer words had been spoken. For all intent and purpose he had seen a ghost and a glance was given back to the screen to confirm it. The woman was a Doppelganger, a perfect copy of the one he had lost. There was a dull relief that her voice did not sound the same, but still the sight alone made him heart sick. He couldn't bear it, and turned away again. "It is nothing." He didn't believe the words, and doubted she would too, but if he was convincing perhaps she would leave it go.

Elessar was a worse liar than she was, though she shouldn't be that surprised. Maybe, like herself , seeing a display like that, on a day like this, only made him depressed. She noticed that he wasn't quite himself lately - not since he came back from Genesis. He was more quiet and she doubted that she had seen him really smile. That concerned her. Again she leaned over and patted the seat next to her. "You know Elessar... I can't help but be worried about you. You seem more down than usual. what's wrong?" it was her attempt.

Elessar had never professed to be a great liar, or even a good one. She was right though, something had been different with the elf since he had returned months ago. The dark circles under his eyes proved he hadn't been sleeping and if it hadn't been for Ar's constant pestering he probably wouldn't have even eaten. When she patted the seat again he scooted up closer to her. "I am fine Elvellon. I am just tired."

"Yeah I can tell that much." Her head tipped to the side as she saw the tired look on his face, and the frowned. "Have you decided to become a vampire like me? Stay up for all type of hours and get a little sleep as possible? I must say that if you are I should let you in on my secret so that you'll have energy." Ok, so she was terrible at comforting people, but she was trying. Her first thing was to always see if the person could laugh. If they still had a small sense of humor.

Elessar didn't laugh, but he was giving her that look. The one where one eyebrow arched up as he tried figuring out if she was serious or not. He was also studying her closely to see if she had turned into a vampire. With as many running about the Inn it wasn't out of the realm of possibility! There was a shake of his head. "I am not trying to become a vampire. I just cannot sleep much as of late. You have a secret to having energy?"

She was defiantly not a vampire. She hadn't been bitten in over a year in fact. "Vampire is just a term cause they are up at night. Except the ones here. I guess they are too but they are not the type of vampire that I'm use too...." she let that thought trail off and fade. It wasn't such a good thing to think too much about vampires right now after what she had seen on the screen. "The secret energy is food. you have to eat if you're going to stay up. It's like the lamps. if you don't put oil in them they'll burn out. IF you don't put food in you, you'll burn out. Nothing big. An apple, bagel, cereal. Things like that." Then, after a moment. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

He was glad for the fact she wasn't a vampire. Frankly there were more than enough of them in the building now, though one more would hardly be cause for concern. At the mention of eating Elessar's look changed until he was frowning again. Had she been speaking to Armandeus? It certainly seemed that way considering the other elf was always pressuring him into eating. It wasn't worth fighting over, not mentioning he'd lost all arguments on it to date, so he simply sighed. "It is just a few bad dreams is all." I can handle it." Yes, he was handling it well by staying up all hours of the night and drinking. The bar's stock on all Elven related drinks was becoming quite low as of late.

"You know. I think you need to talk to someone. Obviously.. I.. can't do you any good." That was a sad statement to make for she wanted to be able to help him. Though this was something she couldn't. "I'm not able to talk to you the way you need me too on this because you know what I do when I have feelings like you're having? When I have trouble sleeping because of the things that plague my mind? I ignore them. I ignore them like they don't even exist so that I can keep moving forward with what I have to do. " She pulled her legs up to sit Indian style on the couch. "I can tell you to do the same thing..." looking down as she folded her hands in her lap. "But I don't think it would do any good. Really you should talk about things. Get it you ya know?"

"Ignorance is bliss, or so I have been told." His frown had deepened as he listened. "If I cannot speak to you, whom do you suggest? Armandeus is concerned with other things now. It is nothing worth bothering him over." It wasn't. Dreams fade eventually, though after two months his still seemed freshly burned into his memory. "I was under the impression we could speak about anything." He looked at her then before turning away.

"So talk to me then Elessar." A half pleading look in her eyes, even though he wasn't looking at her anymore. "We can talk about anything you want to talk about you just,... never talk to me. " She sighed and scratched the side of her neck as she glanced to the TV an back to him. "Like a few moments ago. I asked you what was wrong, you basically told me nothing; when that is obviously a lie. You don't want to talk about it, at least not to me, so you don't. Maybe you think I'll judge you or something from what I hear. So.. if you don't want to talk to me, you should talk to someone you don't know. That helps. "

Talk to her. It was words he had wanted to hear for two months, but had been too stubborn to listen for. Now that the moment had come he was still being stubborn, looking down at the floor and not answering. After what seemed like forever he lifted his head, looking at her with haunted eyes. "I don't want to end up hurting you again." He had tried telling her of Cristiel before and remembered the results.

He said that and she chewed on her tongue. "Elessar." now what was she going to say? It was almost something she had to be delicate with . "IF you're going to be concerned about feelings at the time, then you'll never get anything off of your chest. Sometimes you just have to say it and let the other person take it however they take it." NOw what was that suppose to mean? She knew it, maybe he would too. "It takes a lot to hurt me. Really it does. Besides, knowing that you're troubled is hurtful enough. "

It was one of those 'do or die' moments. She was essentially asking for it and whatever he chose, to say anything or not, would change things. He took a deep breath, looking at her then the television before back again. He looked at her intently before finally letting out the breath he had been holding. "That woman.." He paused, glancing back at the movie. "She looks like Cristiel."

It was a start. A start was better than nothing. His confession was rewarded with a smile and a nod. So that's why he had stared at the screen like that. It reminded him of the person he had lost. "No wonder you stared like that. It's as if you really had seen a ghost." she didn't sound sad or hurt. But understanding. "I.. would have had the same look if I saw someone who reminded me of.. the person I love. Loved..." unsure on how to say the last. "It's okay Elessar. You miss her don't you?"

He was still staring at the screen like that, even more so now that he had told her the truth. "The resemblance is remarkable. They are twins but there is no possible way it can be true." He had an odd look in his eyes as he pried his gaze away from the screen again to focus on her. "She called to me, in my dreams. I heard her voice."
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pm

He had made an interesting statement that reminded her of something she had read in a book once and suddenly she wished that they were in her room. If they were, maybe she would have been able to find the book and show him what she was talking about. Sure, it was a storybook, but still. It didn't matter, she wasn't in her room and therefore the point was mute. "There's this theory." Yes, she would call it a theory, maybe he would be more likely to think it was possible. "That there are copies of yourself in alternate dimensions. Like, in another world, you and I are in this exact situation, only I'm not the same as I am now, and you're not. We look the same, but have had different experiences and things like that. So.." did that make sense to him? "In effect, that could be her twin. A Cristiel but a different one."

Elessar had listened in silence, considering her words. In another time, before he had came to this realm, he would have not thought that possible, but here he was and it seemed plausible. From his understanding there were multiple realms, so would it not also make sense that there were multiple people as well? It was an interesting thought, and brought to mind of what another version of Elessar would be like. That train of thought broke off, however, as he realized she was waiting for an answer. "It could be possible I suppose." Another look was given to the girl on the screen. "She looks so much like her, but the voice is not the same."

All right, he though it was possible! That was good. She thought it was a possibility and she was prepared to try to explain better -- try being the optimum word. "She sounds different because it's not really her." That didn't make it any less painful for him to look at a vision of her on the screen. "You said.. that you heard her talk to you in your dreams? A comfort to you while you were in pain?"

It was probably a good thing the voices were not the same, for Elessar could not have handled it. As it was the sight was bringing up enough repressed memories to last him a lifetime. It wasn't her, he repeated it over in his mind. It wasn't her, it wasn't her. To her question his haunted eyes turned back to her. "She said the pain would be over soon." He shuddered slightly at the memory of the burning pain that accompied the fever sleep of Liferoot poisoning.

Well, that could be taken a couple of ways. On one hand it could mean that he would be better and therefore not in pain. Or, that he would die, and in death there was no pain. Epiphany chose to pick the first option, and that was because he was still here, even after the sickness and the long recovery. Although, it could be argued that he was still 'ill' from how he had been treating himself. Thinking on all of that Epiphany was silent. Biting down on her bottom lip she figured that she might as well ask him, there was no use in pondering over something that might not be true. "And is it over? The pain?" As she spoke she started to slouch down in the couch.

For someone who thought, and certainly felt he was, dying at the time the second option was the one Elessar had chosen. That had been one of the things he had told her after he had first awakened, that he thought he was going to die. He didn't voice any of that now, instead focusing on her question. "The pain faded with the fever." It was true, the burning had stopped when the fever went down. "The dreams have taken its place."

"And the dreams are the reason why you can't sleep." A lot of people were having things about dreams. It made sense, they're what happened while you were sleep, when you were vulnerable. "And they keep you awake because they are something that you would rather not have to deal with? Or... are they too scary?" That was the easiest word she could think of that would help explain what she meant.

The dreams were the reason he couldn't sleep, couldn't function. The reason he had pushed everyone away and made himself miserable. "Both are fitting. They are relentless and do not fade." Scary dreams were most often the ones you didn't wish to deal with, and it was the same for him. Every time he closed his eyes there was another glimpse of what had happened during those five months he had been missing. Five months he would rather just forget about altogether.

"I'm no dream expert.." It was true, she wasn't, and she was about it give him advice that she should take herself. It was easier to give advice than to take your own. "But, until you come to terms with whatever is in the dream, face it, you'll always be haunted by them." Pausing here for a moment. "Or, you could....try to focus on other things..."

Come to terms with it.. Elessar slowly let out a breath. "Come to terms with it? How does one come to terms with being beaten and tortured and left to rot and starve for five months?" The words were said in an oddly calm tone, but there was anger suddenly starting to rise. Why was he getting mad? Honestly, he did not know. Perhaps it was because after all the time of keeping things locked inside they were bubbling out, or perhaps it was the feeling of hopelessness of how anyone could come to terms with what he had been through. Either way it was obvious he was getting angry and his jaw clenched against saying something harsher that he would end up regretting.

"Because it's over Elessar." She said, countering that rise of tone in his voice. "It's over and you've survived. Sure, the things that happened to were not pleasant but you were able to take it. They didn't kill you for you're standing right here and are able to tell the tale." This is why she was not a good counselor. "But if you keep sitting around, dwelling on the terrible circumstances of your past, letting it eat at you and take control of you, then you might as well still be there. Dying. Look at it as a trail you've overcome and move forward." Perhaps she should have stayed on some of the things she said. It was too late now.

"It won't be over until she is dead. She wants him. Do you understand? I heard them talking when they thought I was unconscious. She wants to kill him for what he did and she's not going to stop until she's done it." He was loosing control, and his hands had balled into fists. He couldn't sit there anymore. Standing, he crossed the room to one of the large windows, looking out. "I am the bait."

It was the subject he was speaking on, that's why it was causing her to get a bit worked up. It was the subject and that fact that Elessar was only making it easier for that person - whoever it was - to work her wiles. "Oh I understand all right. I understand perfectly," More or less. "You're the bait. Use you to get to Ar so they can have their way with him. Well you're doing a down right good job of making that all the more possible. You're not sleeping, you're not eating, she's been highly effective at breaking you down so you'll be a very easy tool to snatch." Epiphany might have been speaking a bit harshly in her tones, but she kept her voice level. "You know what happens when you don't sleep? When you don't eat? You get weak Elessar, you become mentally unstable and unbalanced. Even emotionally. You start to loose your focus and your concentration. How are you going to provide any type of challenge to the things that are come, fight against them, when you can't even take care of yourself?" She scoffed a bit and pressed her hands down upon the couch. "Or maybe you don't want to fight against them at all. Maybe you want to be an easy target and be easy bait and that's why you're breaking yourself down."

"I am not weak!" His eyes flashed dangerously as he glared at her. Elessar was a quiet type of guy, usually never getting angry, but her words had him boiling. "How dare you! You think I actually want to be bait for that monster? You think I want to freely give myself and Armandeus to her perverted ways? I am not weak! I will not let her do what she wants to us!" He was shaking now, his look deepening.

Oh good, she got a rise out of him. She knew that would do it. Elessar didn't want to be looked at as less than what he was, she knew that, but she had to push some buttons for him to be able to get the point. To combat his anger Epiphany only gave him a soft smile and a nod of her head. "Then prove it. Take care of yourself, start living so that you'll be able to destroy her and keep her from achieving her goal. You can do it Elessar." She stood up then but didn't go near him, he was angry and she wasn't that crazy. "Sleep. Eat. Train. Prove to her, and yourself, just how strong you are and make her regret every having done anything to you and Ar." Or anyone else she tortured, she almost added, but thought it would have a better effect if she had him focus on himself and his friend.

Yes, it was a good thing she didn't come near him at the moment because the look he was giving her was poisonous. Thankfully he wasn't armed, but in his current state it wouldn't keep him from attacking if it came to that. The thing about anger though was it took energy and in a body that was lacking in sleep and food it was scarce. As he stood there the shaking grew more intense, traveling down his body. Epiphany's words sunk in as he sank down upon the window seat. Even though his look was no longer spitting flames it was still smoldering. "I will see her dead." Even if he died trying, though that part was kept to himself.
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Epiphany hadn't forgotten how she was almost shot because he thought her to be a mouse. Experiences were good to teaching some things! A firm nod was given. "Good. You'll see her dead and I'll see you eat something so you can build up your strength so you will be able to do just what you want to do." They were in the Lounge, and there was a small bar with snack foods. Since Elessar had moved away she was able to move pass him without too much threat of an attack. Right? Hopefully. To the snacks! "You do realize that you have to take care of yourself in order to accomplish your goal. Right?"

He should have known that things would eventually come back to his eating habits, or lack thereof. From his spot next to the window he simply watched as she made her way to the snack bar. Hopefully she wasn't going to try feeding him any of that. Elessar, when he ate, was a picky eater, and abhorred nearly all snack foods. His idea of snacks was a plate of fruit and veggies, neither of which the Lounge had. Trust him, he had checked before. "I dislike snack foods." Said just in case she had forgotten.

"I know what you eat. I've known you for a good while now, unless you've forgotten." A small chance at a joke, though she knew it would probably fail. "You don't have the same tooth as your counterpart." They shared the same type of habits when it came to the types of things they liked to eat. While she liked sweets her and there, she liked fruits and vegetables more. Therefore the took out and apple and a knife - sure, there was a knife back there - and began to chop the apple into slices. "Elessar?" she said while looking down at the apple she was cutting. "I know that, for some people, it's not easy to just forget and move out, to put things behind them. I've mad such a practice of it, I can do it as easily as breathing but...maybe it would still do you good to talk to someone else, besides me, who can help you move forward without causing you to get angry."

"I am amazed you can still remember after such a long time has passed." It was Elessar's attempt at a joke, and look at that! He even smiled, though it was gone as quickly as it came. That was one of many things Elessar liked about Epiphany, she enjoyed fruits and vegetables and went out of her way to introduce him to sweet things that he would enjoy. He remembered those strawberry scones! Where had she gotten that apple? It seemed the knife wasn't the only thing she had stashed back there. "Who do you suggest I speak with then? I do not know anyone else beyond you, Armandeus, and De'Ryanna." There were a few more, mainly people he had met at the Alliance, but those were the ones he had gotten close too. "Is it a wise idea for me to get angry at someone who does not know me?"

It was probably a good idea to not ask Epiphany where she got half the things she did, or how she came across them. Some of it would be hard to explain, or the answer wouldn't be a favorable one. "Doctor Donald Blake." she pronounced, and rather proudly at that. "He's actually staying here at the Inn for a while. He works in a clinic in the city but we could just go to his room.' That way Elessar wouldn't have to leave the Inn if he wasn't prepared to do that. "He's a really nice guy, and it's okay if you get mad at him. He can help you to work past your anger." She sounded sure of herself. She carried the sliced apple - on a napkin - over to him and held it out. "Here ya go."

"Doctor? As in the kind that works at the hospital?" Elessar suddenly got an amused look on his face, one that would probably make Epiphany think he had lost his marbles. He hadn't though, it was just Elessar had an interesting past with a certain Rhy'Din hospital. Her proposal of talking to this guy, however, didn't seem that bad. The elf's history with doctors wasn't a bad one, at least not on his part. Let's just say he wasn't the world's best patient. "He is here in the Inn?" The offered apple was taken and a piece popped in his mouth as he thought it all over.

"Well, yeah. I mean, there are many types of Doctors. Sometimes people are called Doctor because they have high degree of knowledge in an area of study." Didn't that sound textbook? Epiphany wasn't going to ramble, for this was a topic that she could, but she didn't think it was the time for it and it would lead to other things that may have needed to be explained. "He's on the third floor. He works a very busy schedule so.. when I know he has the time, I'll come get you, and we can go together, okay?"

She hadn't said nothing about his sudden amusement which brought about the realization he hadn't told her the story of his time spent in a hospital. He'd have to change that someday. For now he looked relieved that she was going with him. For all his talk about being able to handle things on his own, it was always good to have a friend supporting you. "I will be ready when the time comes." He hoped so at least.

"Good." Of course she would go with him. If he was left to go on his own she didn't think that he would actually go, finding some excuse or another as to why he should do anything else but go. It was also good that he was eating, even if it was just an apple and that he might not eat anything else once she was gone. Funny. Epiphany getting people to eat. Reaching out now she dared to pat him on the shoulder. "Things will work out just fine."
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down