Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Christmas Story [Open, see OOC at beginning of post for details]

4 posters

Go down

Christmas Story [Open, see OOC at beginning of post for details] Empty Christmas Story [Open, see OOC at beginning of post for details]

Post by Gawain Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:16 am

[Hello again. I know there may be folks who do not share my faith, nor that of my character. If you do not, please disregard this post and please once more don't post anything to take away from the story. It's beauty is without measure, and I feel firmly that this is both relevant and intregal to this season. Merry Christmas, everyone.]

Gawain was seated in the meeting hall, Bible in hand and spectacles on. He had been doing a bit of reading, and, given the season, he felt that this story should be told. Looking around, he smiled. Seems that this wasn't the busiest place in the inn proper, but he would make do. Clearing his throat, he looked around to the very few people who were gathered.

"Hello, friends. With all the bustle and such in this season, I felt that some, if not all, of you would like to hear the Christmas story. If you do, please feel free to pull up a chair and listen." With a smile, he licked a finger and paged to the appropriate text. "Ah, here it is. This comes from The Gospel of Saint Luke, chapter 2." As he peered up, he smiled once more. This was one of his favorite times of the year, after all. Without saying anything else, he began reading.

"And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city. Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child. So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: “ Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!” So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, “Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.” And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds. But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them. And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called JESUS, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb."

He closed the Bible, and smiled. "So, you see, Christmas is more than just giving presents. It is a time in which the world was given its most precious gift." Removing his glasses, he smiled to the folks who had listened, and waited to see if anyone had any questions or comments.

Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Christmas Story [Open, see OOC at beginning of post for details] Empty Re: Christmas Story [Open, see OOC at beginning of post for details]

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:58 am

Venis had come into the meeting hall within moments of Gawain sitting down with his Bible. She was conversing with one of her employees about the wrapping party that Seleen had suggested to Epiphany. When she heard Gawain clear his throat she turned and gave him her full attention.

When he stated what it was that he was going to read to every one she took a seat. She loved this story. And regardless of what she was, she still had her faith. Especially at Christmas. She loved Christmas, not because of gifts and Santa and the decorations ... but because of the true meaning of the holiday.

She sat and listened in silence while he read. And she smiled hearing the story again. She never tired of hearing it. And when he was done reading it she rose from her seat, smile still upon her face. She walked over to where he was and bent over to give him a hug. She kissed his cheek and smiled more. "Thanks Furball. I love hearing that story. Sometimes it takes your best friend to know exactly what you need to hear." She hugged him again before returning to what she had been doing before.

Back to top Go down

Christmas Story [Open, see OOC at beginning of post for details] Empty Re: Christmas Story [Open, see OOC at beginning of post for details]

Post by Epiphany Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:14 pm

Epiphany was never one to miss out on storytime. There were some stories she did not prefer, but this was not one of them - considering what she was and where she worked, it would be ironic if she didn't like this particular story.

She had seen him moving towards the meeting hall with the Bible in hand and she had followed and took a seat near his feet like a child listening to a storyteller. Sitting in chairs for stories was over rated. When it was over she clapped and waited until Venis had her say before she spoke up. "You know, Foster...dad." Remembering to add 'dad' at the end. She referred to Airtia as 'Foster' but it might get confusing if she did the same to him? "You should come with me to church sometime. Mass on Sundays, midnight mass on Wednesdays..." Only slightly hesitant in inviting him.

Epiphany smiled. "I always enjoy that story."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:40 am

Gawain smiled, nodding enthusiastically. "I would love to join you for Mass sometime, Pip. Of course, you may need to ask your Priest if I'm welcome since, well, you know. The whole werewolf thing." A weak smile then, accompanied by a chuckle. "I remember Christmas Mass fondly, and would dearly love to go one more time. Tell ya what, as soon as I wrap up here, we can make plans. That work for you?" He was eager to catch up with Epiphany, but he didn't want to appear too eager....
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:11 am

Maddie walked up to Gawain and a young woman talking. She had reffered to him as foster dad. This must be her foster sister, Epiphany, that and he referred to her as Pip.

She wallked up to both of them smiling. "I always loved to hear you tell that story as a child. It's nice to know you still do it Dad."
Maddie then turned at Epiphany, and smiled. "Hello Epiphany, I'm Gawain's foster daughter Madeline, nice to meet you."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:46 am

Oh. Right. For the brief moment she had forgotten about his other side. Easy to do considering Gawain wasn't 'evil', unlike another wolf in human skin who lurked around the grounds. Perhaps this would enable Gawain to come to the church.

Just as she was about to answer Gawain she was greeted with a surprise by Maddie. For a moment she looked at the young lady, blinked. She was a bit younger than Epiphany, at least she thought she had to be. "Hi...Madeline." She gave Gawain a confused look that didn't last long. He must really like kids. "Nice to have another in the family."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:04 pm

Maddie smiled at her new found sister. "Like wise I'm sure. If it's ok, I would like to join you for mass sometime."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:21 am

Curiosity was an irresistible drug, and like most Elves, Armandeus was infected by it. The Elf had been on his way to the Lounge to test out that large flat screen television when the sound of speaking coming from the Meeting Hall made him pause.

Upon listening for a moment he realized the speaking was actually reading, and who could resist a story? Armandeus was not skilled in the art of story telling, but he did enjoy hearing them. Changing directions, he headed closer to the Meeting Hall, pausing in the shadows near the door to listen.

When it was over he clapped softly, moving out of the shadows and further into the room. "That was a moving story. I have never heard it before."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:38 pm

"Sure you can Madeline," She smiled at her. This was nice, people actually wanting to go. "The Sisters will have no problem with you." She still didn't think Gawain would get too much trouble, but she knew the head Nun would give him a look.

Afterwards was when she heard Ar and she turned around to smile when she saw him. "Hey there Ar, good to see you up. It is a wonderful story."
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:01 am

Maddie giggled at the thought of Gawain in church, not that she thought he wasn't the type, just the thought of him in a suit. "Thanks Epiphany, and please call me Maddie, everyone else does."

She turned her attention to Ar. "Please to see you Ar."

"Well if you all will excuse me I have some buisness to attend to."
Maddie walked back to her room to get some sleep before her trip.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:51 am

He smiled at Epiphany, nodding slowly. "I've run into quite a few Parish Priests that would have loved nothing more than to excommunicate me and have me burned for witchcraft, nevermind the explanation that I didn't ask to be this way. Still, I could Weave a disguise if it would help...." He stopped, seizing Saidin and weaving a pretty good disguise. He looked, for all intents and purposes, like just an everyday guy, the kind you pass by without a second glance. "Well, ya think this'll work?"
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down