Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Dinner is Served (Open)

+6
Epiphany
B.D. Adams
Emilia
De'Ryanna Aybara
Madeline Cauthon
Armandeus
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dinner is Served (Open) Empty Dinner is Served (Open)

Post by Armandeus Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:29 am

(This is the official start of the Thanksgiving thread. Feel free to have your character stop by and take the food off our hands!)

It was time to start cooking. De'Ryanna had been looking forward to this because she hadn't had a chance to cook with Armandeus for a while with everything that had been going on. She dressed simple, in a brown skirt and white top. The sleeves were rolled up above the elbows and she wore a apron. Hair tied back. First she knocked on the kitchen door before opening it. "Armandeus. I'm here."

Armandeus was not ready for all the cooking that had to be done. The counters were full of scattered ingredients, but the Elf wasn't near any of them. Instead he was perched on his special counter with a glass of water in his hands. At the knock his head lifted and he gave Ryan a smile as she entered. "I've been waiting for you."

"Your wait is over." she smiled at him and took a look around the kitchen. "I see you have everything set out." Over to the counter and to him she went to stand before him. "I've been waiting for this. I miss the small cooking sessions that we have had in the past."

"This is a million cooking sessions combined. I have not cooked such a large meal before." There was doubt in his words, doubt that this would be a succesful venture. He seemed distracted, his eyes stormier than usual.

Ryan frowned and fluffed out her skirt so she was able to bend down. No, she did not get to her knees, but she was crouched and maintaining perfect balance. "Armandeus...." reaching out to take his hand, even thought it was around. the glass. "Look at me."

She knew, didn't she? At her command his head turned and he looked at her. His eyes were like a storm filled sea, barely hiding the pain that happening behind them. "I'm fine Ryan.." He didn't believe the words, but maybe she would.

She didn't believe him either and he should know that by now. "I'm here for you. I'll always be. Okay?" She started to rise up again and kissed him between the eyes. "Come on. We have cooking to do."

He knew she wouldn't believe it, but he tried anyway. At the kiss he closed his eyes, that was better than any medicine he could think of. "What do you want to start with first?" Opening his eyes he made to move down from the counter.

"The meats. They take longer." In her experience they did. While she could heat them all to done in a matter of moments she wanted to cook. "Would you like me to do the turkey? There's enough meat for us all"

"It's all yours. I'd rather take the ham." To the fridge he would head now after the ham and fixings for the glaze. "There is enough meat on the turkey to feed my entire village, though I do not remember ever tasting one before."

Getting the turkey out she smiled. "Then you must try mine. Say you will?" She hoped that he would anyway. Ryan got out all the necessary ingredients and proceeded to prepare the turkey, pulling out the gizzards and setting them in a bowl.

"It will depend only if you like my ham." He looked over in time to see her place the gizzards in the bowl, giving it an odd look. "What is that?"

Glancing down to what she put in the bowl as she tied the turkeys legs together. "The insides. You use them to make the gravy." A bit of a chuckle. "You have to gut the bird before you cook it."

"I've never cooked a bird before, at least not a whole one." He gave the bowl of innards another look before he went back to scoring the ham.

Once she had finished with the turkey she basted it and put it into the oven. Now, the kitchen didn't have enough ovens to cook everything in the time they needed to have it done, so it was time to improvise. "Armandeus, when you are done with the ham, please set it on the counter. I'm going to start on filling the pies." It was easy to move about the kitchen since he had done a good job of setting everything out.

The ham was nearly prepared, and with a few slices of pineapple it was finished. As requested he sat it aside on the counter before going to get the stuffing mix. Everything was already laid out, all that was needed would be to mix.

Some of the pie fillings had to be made and so she would get on it and took hold of the Source. They would have scolded her for this in the tower, using the power for such simple task. But she wasn't there, she was here and there was no one telling her not to do something. The ingredients lifted from their places and started mixing together. De'Ryanna was simply directing the flow and order of it. things heated and cooled without and change in the room temperature. Every recipe mix was held within it's own ball of air. the operations being done a lot faster than if she had been doing them by hand. Once they were cut, diced, mashed and stirred together, the pie plates came forth and were filled. What was she doing with her hands? making the dinner rolls.

All this was going on around him, and what was Ar doing? Gawking, what else? Mixing the stuffing hadn't taken long, which was a good thing considering. There was no way to miss watching ingredients mixing together in the air.

De'Ryanna didn't see him watching, but she knew that he was. He might have seen her do one or two simple things, but nothing like that. And that wasn't even the tip. The pie were even cooked to perfection. Seeing that he was done with the stuffing she went to take it from him, lightly patting his cheek. He looked a bit shocked. At least he wasn't thinking about the pain in his head? "Let's see.. what's left. "

Shocked was a good word for it. He had never seen anything like that before, and it left him a bit stunned. Grinning a bit he came out of it, looking around the kitchen. "All the side dishes, fish and rice. Cornbread.." He was looking at the ingredients he could see on the counters as he went down the list.

"Could you make the corn bread please?" she could take care of the rest of the items. As long as he didn't object. "I can do the others. We will be able to have the dinner cooked in no time. "

"That sounds like the perfect idea." And it did, especially considering the growing ache behind his eyes. He headed across the kitchen to get the stuff for the cornbread. "Are the tables already set up?"

"Yes," she replied as she started on the other side dishes. De'Ryanna could control a handful of weaves at a time, and since the other dishes were done, those weaves were released and reset around the other dishes that needed to be done. Pretty soon the side dishes were complete and sitting upon the counter in their separate containers.

In the time that it took her to finish the rest of the food Armandeus had made and finished with the cornbread. Sitting it beside the dinner rolls he looked to her. "We should have you cook more often."

That made her laugh. "Any other time I would have to cook it the normal way. It's just that we had so much to do and so little time to do it in." She dusted off her hands on the apron ad surveyed their work. "Are we done?"

He loved the sound of her laughter, and it made him smile in return. "All that is left is moving it to the tables and call the crowd for dinner."

"Wonderful. We should get Madeline to help us." smiling she looked at Ar. They had done a good job. Hopefully she could keep his spirits up for a good portion of the night.

"Yes, it would be good to have her help set the table." The idea sounded perfect to him, as well as the idea of a quick nap. He hadn't felt tired before, but at the thought he yawned.

Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Dinner is Served (Open) Empty Re: Dinner is Served (Open)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:27 pm

Maddie entered the kitchen as she had smelled something delicious cooking. She enetered the kitchen andlooked at everything that was cooked. "WOW, this looks amazing. Anything I can do to help?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:16 pm

"Madeline! Just the person I was hoping to see." De'Ryanna smiled brightly as she saw Madeline come in through the kitchen door. She moved away from Armandeus knowing that he would be alright, and approached Madeline. "We're starting off the holiday season. Can you help us by moving these dishes out to the long table set up in the Meeting Hall please?"

Motioning to the counter full of food, she almost forgot about the turkey in the oven. Quickly going to take it out. "No particular order. You know how it goes simply...around so people can get what they like." She thought she had set the plates and silverware out already, but right now she couldn't remember.
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:16 pm

"Hello De'Ryanna, Hello Ar." Yes I would be more than delighted to help." She peep out the door and saw the plates and siverware set out. She took the remainng plates, and went out the kitchen to start setting the table.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:04 pm

With Madeline helping they would be ready when people start to come down for food. How would they know? Well, Ryan had secretly made a batch of pumpkin muffins. On a festive fall plate she carried it out of the kitchen.

"Keep up the good work Madeline." She said to her as she passed by. De'Ryanna was heading into the hall, the fresh plate of muffins in her hand. She place the plate down on the reception desk, it was a good location because anyone moving about the main floor could see them, and the wonderful smell could travel up the stairs to the living quarters.

Next to the plate she left a small sign that said: "Hungry? Come to the Meeting Hall."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Once Maddie had set the table, she returned to the kitchen. "Is there anytig else you need me to help with De'Ryana?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:12 pm

Coming back she saw Madeline and smiled. "You've done great. Thank you for all the help you've given us. Now don't forget to get some food and enjoy yourself as well. Might have to go on a mission and get the rest of the patrons down here."

Looking at all the food. "I doubt we can eat all of this ourselves."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:11 am

The thought of a nap was an entertaining one for Armandeus, and sadly for him, a short lived one. The idea had no more been thought of when the kitchen door opened, sweeping it out with Madeline's arrival. It just wasn't meant to be, and he sighed in resignation. He didn't let his frustration show, instead he gave Madeline a friendly smile. "Hello Madeline. I am glad you've come to help us out."

From the conversation they were going to handle putting the food on the table, which left him with the drinks. From the corner of the kitchen he wheeled out a wooden serving cart, heading for the refrigerator. Armandeus had made several drinks for the holiday, ranging from a sweet cranberry flavored punch to his signature hot chocolate. These were placed on the cart as well as a wide selection he had chosen earlier from the bar.

The cart was soon full, and all that remained was to take it to the Meeting hall, but Armandeus stopped before he got to the door. He was alone, and for what he was about to do he was glad. Reaching into a hidden pocket he pulled out a couple of those pain relieving capsules, and with a keen watch on the door, he swallowed them down. It was going to be an interesting night.
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am

She really did hate being the one of the first people to a party but hey sometimes you just needed to be that one. She knew that most of the women had plans to dress up and so she was going to do the same she had picked a dress that she knew was going to turns head after all she did like to be the center of attention She was wareing gold colored heals and a beautiful white and gold gown that left her back bare to the waist except straps that would have covered a bra strap had she been wearing one. The heals gave her three inches of hight still making her shorter then most of the others. She walked into the meeting hall through the center doors. She was moving like she was on a run way acentuating the sway of her hips without the swing in her arms. She moved to the food table and got some turkey and ham mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans just a little bit of each before she moved to go sit down.

(Emilia's dress)

Front
Dinner is Served (Open) Sherri-Hill-2009-Prom-Dress-2003
back
Dinner is Served (Open) Sherri-Hill-2009-Prom-Dress-20031
Emilia
Emilia

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:17 am

"Thanks De'Ryanna. I'll grab somethin in a minute. I'm going to freshen up, ten come back. If I see anone, I'll tell them that dinner s being served."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Having heard that there was a dinner going on he had made plans to be around, for more reasons than simply the food. A few people may show up that he wanted to see. One of them for sure. The last time he had made a public appearance within the Inn it had not been met well. And now, considering recent transactions, he believed that this appearance would be even more fun.

Benjamin picked up a pumpkin muffin at the front desk. Yes, she was defiantly at the dinner for her scent was all over the muffins. Wonderful. He let his senses take it in as he snacked on the muffin and made his was through the Inn. For a man wearing boots, his footsteps were very light.

The closer he got to the Meeting Hall, the stronger the food was to his nose. He knew all the dishes that were there, and who was there. One scent was new to him. It was good to meet new...people. Benjamin popped the collar on his burnt orange leather jacket before smoothing down the fitting black shirt underneath. The muffin was gone and his hands were free to pursue other exercises.

When he reached the Hall his eyes surveyed the room and he smiled. Look at who was here: Armandeus and De'Ryanna, Madeline - who was on her way out - and one he did not know. "What a lovely buffet." He spoke of both the food and the selection of people.

Keeping his target in sight, he flashed her a smile before he looked at the one already at the table and moved in that direction. He would leave De'Ryanna alone - for the moment. Attention resting on the women with the food he walked towards her chair and slid his hand upon the back of it as he moved to the other side of the chair.

He spoke with charm and a smooth tone. "Hello."
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:29 pm

Her eyes saw him as soon as he came in to the room and followed him as she moved around it. When he saw her and started heading her direction she still kept watching him damn he was sexy.

As he moved around behind her she smiled to herself she felt the slight vibration as he slid his hand across the back of the chair and she could feel the heat of his arm on the bare skin of his back

He would smell a tropical perfum hightened by pheremones; when he came to the side of her chair she turned icy blue eyes to him and smiled.

"Hello yourself handsom."

Her voice was musical and as she moved her hair and tucked it behind her ear he would see that they were slightly pointed she was an elf.

Last edited by Emilia on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Emilia
Emilia

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:45 pm

She smelled good enough to eat - literally. That she smelled of the Tropics put him in mind of fruit and could imply that she was a healthy thing to snack upon. Moving in closer, he had no thought about staying out of a persons 'personal space.' If they did not want him in it then they would move back. Therefore he moved in closer to the lady at the table, one hand still on the back of her chair the other pressed against the table. The wood creaked slightly as he crouched down, pressing against the table, though he balanced himself well.

He lowered himself down to her level to maintain better eye contact while they spoke. He was sure to not step on her dress, the view here was almost better than standing as he did not mask the fact that he studied how her body fit into her attire. "You have a healthy appetite. That's good," his eyes moved back up to rest upon her own.

"Now I remember you, though we were never introduced. I am Benjamin Adams."

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:21 pm

She woulden't move back infact she kept eye contact; even when he moved in closer she didn't back off or flinch.

When he crouched down to her level he would see that the gown looked little more then a really fancy bra with a dress conected to it her breathing acentuating just how much of her cleavage was really showing.

She smiled at him as she said her name.

"Emilia Telrúnya, and your right I have seen you before at the haloween party you were talking to another Goddess, I am sure you heard me tell her who my father is."

Last edited by Emilia on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emilia
Emilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:37 pm

Maddie had went up toher rom, took a shower and changed into a beautiful dress. She went back down to the meeting hall and stopped at the enterance to see who all had showed up so far.

Dinner is Served (Open) Maddiethanksgiving
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:45 pm

Benjamin decided that he liked the dress. It fit who she was, and he liked the color. His fingers tapped upon the table as he wondered what type of woman she would turn out to be. For one, she was a Goddess, or a partial one at least, and maybe that would make all the difference. "And here I thought you were only a pretty woman with an appetite.

She had to imply her father for a reason. It could simply have been so he would remember her more fully, or maybe it was to cause an impression.

He pushed down on his hands as he rose back to his feet. "Where is your gaggle of men? The ones who are suppose to flock at your feet?"

Back on his feet the scent of a new arrival caught his attention and he glanced in her direction. It was Madeline.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:09 pm

She flashed him a crooked smile.

"Pretty most definatly, an appitite it really depends on what is on the menu."

She looked him up and down. The mention of her father was just refreshing of his memory, he could take it to mean whatever he wanted it too.

She laughed at his next comment.

"Love I just got here give the gaggle some time to gather."

She followed his gaze and nodded to the other woman who had entered.

Last edited by Emilia on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emilia
Emilia

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:29 pm

The mirth on his face was evident as he stood there. He didn't know which was funnier: that she admitted there would be a gaggle, or that she was waiting for one. Both seemed rather humorous to him. It was something how these Goddess' thought, they seemed to expect the men to fall around them and be there. That made him smile.

"I should be on my way then. Don't want to be in the way of your, what is it? Gaggle?" An undertone of a chuckle as he turned from her chair.

"Hello Madeline."

Now to see what she was going to do about him turning away from her. Emilia was attractive and she had that scent about her, but she also had an air about her - must be due to her heritage. He eyed the elf Armandues that had come out with the drinks. Then turned to survey the food.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:20 pm

Madeline exteneded her and in friendship and smiled"Good day Mr. Adams, and Happy Thanksgving. I do hope you are not leaving so soon."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 am

She started laughing at his coment as he walked off she found it commical. She kept her eyes on him he was walking around he was definatly sexy.

She finished her dinner and got up from her chair and got a slice of cheese cake for desert and a glass of wine she went back to her seat.

She would leave Benjamin for now he would come back if he wanted to.

Last edited by Emilia on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Emilia
Emilia

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:41 am

Emilia was choosing to wait, and that was fine. Some people needed time to think on how to deal with him and the things he said. That did not bother him, meant that he didn't have to worry about dealing with them.

Later, if the opportunity showed itself, he would meet up with her again. Presently his attention was being taken away from the food - again - and to a young lady. This time it was Madeline and she was extending a hand to him. Very curious indeed. While their first initial contact had been rather pleasant things had turned soon afterward.

Benjamin stepped to her, facing her fully and examined her in the dress. "Madeline." A glance to the offered. How odd it was that he was not use to shaking hands. Or perhaps it was simply a formality that he chose not to engage. However, her words and offered hand suggested that perhaps she was making peace, at least for the moment. His own hand came forth and captured her own, not very firmly, though secure. For this one he didn't make to move closer. She looked delightful in blue.

"You should call me Benjamin. I hadn't planned on leaving yet," a slight pause. "Would you want me to stay?"
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:55 am

Maeline gave a flirtatious smile, and looked him in the eyes. He was a handsome man, and Madeline did feel a little frisky tonight."Yes Sir I would love for you to stay. I must apologize for my attitude and actions earlier, I was being rude. I do hope you accept my apologies, and allow me to get you a drink Mr. Adams...I mean Benjamin."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:28 am

This was a change from last time. He wasn't one to put aside change in people - they changed, he has seen it happen. Her smile was deserving of one in return, and the smile he gave her was charming and had a touch of pleasure.

Benjamin held on to her hand a moment longer as he had his gaze set upon her. "I believe this will be the first time you've gotten me a drink. The last time, you drank it for me." He was aware that he had told her to drink it that time. Releasing her hand he stepped back and, with his newly released hand, motioned towards the drink station.

"After you." For if she went first, he could watch.
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:20 am

Venis had told Manny to send the men to dinner. It was Thanksgiving and the men were deserving of this feast. Manny had no problem sending the men to dinner. He made sure that they all were dressed appropriately. It would never do for them to show up looking less than perfect.

They all nine dressed in black. They weren't all in tuxes, some wore dinner jackets, others were in tuxes, some were in jackets and ties. But they all matched nicely. They all headed out to go to dinner. They were of course being men. They were joking and messing around and acting up.

They reached the meeting hall and entered the door. As they entered their demeanor changed instantly. No longer were they acting like college kids, now they were perfect gentlemen. It was a complete about face as they crossed the threshold of the grand room.

They looked around before they figured out what they were going to do. Joseph saw Emilia before the others did. He smiled and nudged Shamus. He made a sound and the others turned their attention to her as well. Manny simply chuckled and told them to go.

Bo, Derek, and Jorge stayed behind with Manny. Shamus, Isah, Keven, Joseph, and Andrew all went over to talk to Emilia. Manny and the three who were with him all nodded to her in acknowledgment as they went to fix plates for themselves. As they saw others around they would nod to them as well. But they were not going to interrupt anyones conversations.

Andrew saw Maddie over talking to Mr. Adams. He smiled at seeing her. He excused himself from Emilia and went over to talk to Maddie for a moment. He walked up behind her and placed his hand on the small of her back to announce his presence. Then he whispered in her ear that he loved the gown she was wearing and that she was quite lovely. But the whole time he was whispering to her, his eyes were fixed on Mr. Adams. Then he went to go fix himself a plate not wanting to interrupt her conversation. He then rejoined Manny and the others who were not enthralled with Emilia.

The four remaining men who were over with Emilia were too busy at the moment to fix themselves something to eat. They were all four trying to be charming and get her attention more than another. It was probably something she was used to. But they were still trying to be the one she invited to her room at the end of the night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Perhaps Epiphany only showed up at events? That's what it looked like since she had only appeared at the Halloween event and now, after another disappearance, she was appearing again for Thanksgiving. There were a few things she was taking care of outside of the Inn and, knowing who was now about, it was lucky that she showed up at all. Her Foster was about and she wasn't too sure if she wanted to run into her or not.

Epiphany did not know how fancy this occasion was and, not being one to jump at the chance to wear a dress, she went for something more on the causal side. Short balloon sleeves, crochet at the neck in a fall design. Light tan it pulled in at the waist and under the chest, letting the skirt fall out. She liked it because it was easy to wear and it didn't make her feel dressed up, or dressed-down. Somewhere in the middle. The skirt bounced slightly as she walked so it was a good thing she was wearing flats.

Her hair was pulled back behind her ears but one piece kept falling forward and she pushed it back - once again - as she entered the meeting hall. Looking around she saw who was there, many she had seen at the last event. She even saw Manny with the other guys who worked for Venis. Sadly she couldn't remember their names, but she knew who they were.

Smiling walked over to collection of the four guys. "Hi everyone. Hello Manny," he got a warmer smile than the one she gave his companions, "Good to see you." Of course she would talk to Manny.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next