Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

How long had it been??

Go down

How long had it been?? Empty How long had it been??

Post by Gypzee Wed May 31, 2017 10:03 pm

Slender fingers brushed golden strands from her face, an attempt made to trap them behind an ear. Success was only temporary as the next gentle gust of a cool breeze would set them free again. Sitting in the swing of her full, lush garden, she gently rocked to and fro thoughts, drifting to what seems like a lifetime ago in Rhydin.

How long had it been??

She had come here with two of her children, Rhia and Angus, now 17. Rhia was 5’ 5” but still growing. She had gorgeous green eyes and extremely long hair the color of golden straw with dazzling auburn highlights. She had finally settled down and became an apprentice with Stolexea, a very accomplished Wizard. Both mother and daughter were so proud when she was accepted! Under her tutelage, Rhia had flourished, in spite of brief attempts of various suitors to woo her away. She'd remained focused on her studies and it was paying off.

Angus was 5’ 8” with dark brown, nearly black eyes. His dark brown hair curled slightly and would light up with golden highlights when the sun shone on it. He had gained an apprenticeship with a master blacksmith. Having spent several summers with Roland and Elz'beth, he had already garnered a great amount of experience. That, and a recommendation from Roland, tipped the scale in his favor. He had done so well, they had him working in the service of Queen Ismenia's blacksmith. Her only concern was his growing interest in being in the guard itself. At the moment the kingdom was enjoying peace and prosperity, but one never knew how long it would last.

Lips moved to form a mixed smirk and grin as she recalled Ahria's words: "Would you rather have them unprepared if something happens, or know they can take care of themselves?" Although a mother herself, Ahria was also a warrior, and that mentality usually won out. It helped, she was sure, that Roland was there. But Elz'beth was a very talented Mage in her own right.

Roland had echoed the same sentiment. And of course her logical side definitely agreed with him, and said as much. But motherly instincts and worries still existed, held close and never discussed with anyone save Elz'beth. A mother three times over, she completely understood, and they would talk about pros and cons with the children near by, the youngest scooting across the floor once Gypzee released her.

There were no grandchildren for her - as of yet - to tickle and cuddle and sing lullabies to. Rhia had taken notice of the last young man's attempt to court her. From what Gypzee knew of him, it would be a good match, but hopefully not for another couple of years. She really didn’t want her to marry as young as she first did. Angus had no time for "such foolishness" as he put it.

A kaleidoscope of butterflies flitted about her, drawing her back to the present. "Too long," she said, moving from the swing to the house. She would inform her offspring at dinner of her decision to begin her journey.

Last edited by Gypzee on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Gypzee

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

How long had it been?? Empty Re: How long had it been??

Post by Gypzee Wed May 31, 2017 10:26 pm

"But Mother" Rhia said in her most dramatic tone. "You can't simply journey back to Rhydin," plates floating around and above the table ... her way of setting it.

"Why not?" Angus chimed in. "It'll be good for her to get away."

"I don't mean not to go, but not to journey there. Just pop-in .. it's much faster and easier." The last of the dishes landed safely on the table.

Gyp removed the shepherd's pie from the oven and carried it to rest in the center of the table. "Use of magic can be draining, no matter what it's used for. Besides," she returned to the kitchen for the salad, all of its ingredients having been plucked from their own garden, "the journey is half the fun!" The salad was placed on the table near the pitchers of sun made tea and crystal clear water, and the platter of crescent rolls. They took their places, grace was said, and they begin to fill their plates.

"I don't know how traveling that far could be fun," Rhia added.

"Then you should one day take a journey of your own and find out," Gyp said before she began to eat.

Last edited by Gypzee on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Gypzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypzee Wed May 31, 2017 10:44 pm

"I'm so jealous," Elz'beth gushed as she helped Gyp pack for her journey. "It's been ages since we've been anywhere."

"Well it can be difficult with three young ones, but I'd have been happy to keep them any time for you two to get away." She snapped the bag shut she had been packing and set it on the floor underneath the window. "And will do so once I'm back."

Elz'beth stopped her packing to look at her. "Do you really think you'll come back here? I mean for more than just a visit?" Her brow knit together and lips formed a pout.

Gyp rounded the foot of the bed, taking her hands in hers as their eyes met. "Of course I'll be back. This is my home. My family is here. My very dear friends are here," she squeezed her hands gently with that. The two women hugged each other. As they parted, Gyp said, "But I'm not gone yet."

"Indeed," Elz'beth said as they laughed.

That evening everyone was present for dinner. It was a potluck which made eating quite an interesting adventure. Even the twins had made a dish of their own.

Everyone had retired for the evening as it was quite late. She should have been sleeping as well; but as always the excitement that lay ahead kept her awake. So why not be on the front porch, sipping a hardy Irish Scotch and enjoying the night?

"Are you quite sure you want to do this?" There had been no sound to announce someone was approaching, but she had as surely felt them arrive as the glass she held in her hand.

"Of course not, but I just feel it's something I need to do." She set the glass down and reached for the bottle, a slight tip to splash its contents into the other glass on the table.

A dark, leather-clad figure moved from its place in the darkness, sliding soundlessly into the chair opposite Gyp. "Knew I would be here, did you?"

"I knew one of you would, but really did not think it would be you, Ahria." She retrieved her glass and took another sip.

A gloved hand wrapped around the newly filled glass, lifting it to pale lips for a sip. It really did nothing for her, or to her for that matter; but it was nice nonetheless. "Why not me?"

"Because you especially should recognize the need for an adventure, to retrace some history." She turned to look at her friend. "At least some of it."

Another sip was taken, eyes now focused ahead on the night. "I suppose that would be nice if it were all good times you retraced." She glanced toward her hostess.

"What benefit would the good be if there were no bad?" She finished off the contents of her glass, then picked up the bottle pausing. "I'm a big girl, Ahria. I can handle it." She poured her glass full, splashing sounds intermingling with Ahria's laughter. Gyp's joined in as well. With glass filled, she lifted it toward Ahria, who turned to clink the two together.

"Here's to being big girls." Soft laughter flowed before glasses were tilted to drink, the night enjoying their company as well.

Last edited by Gypzee on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Gypzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypzee Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:53 am

She wasn't sure of the time when she finally came in, but she was certain morning came too soon. Pulling the cover over her shoulder, she snuggled into an oh-so-comfortable bed. A moment later eyes fluttered open, blinking quickly till her sight was adjusted. She knew she had not covered herself. Toes wiggled, placing her on even higher alert as she definitely had not removed her boots.

She lay still, wondering had something - someone - made it past all the wards woven into and around her beloved home? Only silence greeted her. She stirred slightly, as anyone would do in their sleep. Through squinted eyes, she spied a single yellow Daisy on the bedside table. A sigh of relief escaped her lips, muscles relaxing that she had been unaware had tensed in preparation of what might come. It was Rhia's calling card of sorts.

She must have come in sometime during the night and magically removed her boots so as not to disturb her. But the cover she would have placed there personally. She knew this because once when Gyp was ill, she would not allow her to give her a hug lest she catch whatever illness she had.

"Okay, Mommy, here then," Rhia reached for the quilt she herself had made, and lay it lovingly over her. "This is me hugging you." A yellow Daisy was laid atop the table beside the bed. "And this is me watching over you."

A smile formed as she settled in for a bit more sleep before she knew the smell of bacon and biscuits would fill the air.

Last edited by Gypzee on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Gypzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypzee Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:59 am

Everyone - except Ahria - was fed and milling around until THE moment arrived. Gyp was holding and playing tickle games with Anya. Reluctantly she handed her back to Elz'beth, giving them a joint hug.

"You're not going to cry, Mom, you're not," Rhia said firmly. Gyp turned to draw her in for a hug. Rhia whispered "Cuz if you do, I will too." Angus moved to hug them both. She drew back with a smile.

"No, I'm not going to cry. I know you two can take care of yourself. And you've plenty of people to call on should you need to." A hand lovingly caressed each of their faces. "I love you both from the depths of the ocean to the farthest star in the sky," said hoarsley.

She turned as Roland came from the stables leading her Arabian, Beauty. She blinked away the mist from her eyes as they stopped in front of her. "Perfect timing," she smiled. He made a little bow, grinning at her. Gyp's hand reached to caress Beauty's nose, the other lifting to offer a bit of sugar. "I know my children can fend for themselves, but thank you for looking out for them."

"My pleasure," he nodded, continuing to hold the mare while Gyp attached the canteens, as well as an Italian leather messenger bag. In addition to her personal items, a meal of leftovers from breakfast would be included, as well as jerky and other dried foods. It was a good three days ride before she reached the borders of her lands.

However, more was not needed as she had places she could stop along the way - tenants or just camping spots she knew of. She donned her gloves, made soft from many years of wear.

Turning back, another round of hugs and kisses were made, more quickly this time, before she took the reins from Roland.

"Travel well Gyp," he said as she fixed her foot into the stirrup, swinging her other leg over.

"Aye," said as she made herself comfortable, adjusting the Winchester for a faster pull if needed. Roland handed her up a hat that completed her riding ensemble.

"I love all of you. Take care of each other," said to them as she fixed the hat on her head. Gyp turned Beauty and they trotted toward the trail that would start their adventure.

"Bye!" "Love you too!" "Be careful." they called out from behind her.

As she reached the gate she paused the mare and turned her slightly so she could see them. In true 'Silverado' fashion, she whipped off her hat and pulled Beauty's reins where she raised her front legs slightly, then yelled, "We'll be back!" Once hooves were on the ground, she dug in her heels and they took off with peals of laughter behind her.

Gypzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down