Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Three days later ... ((Open))

2 posters

Go down

Three days later ... ((Open)) Empty Three days later ... ((Open))

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:48 am

It was three days after Speedy had met the strange dude in the john at the Inn. He'd been spendin as much a that time as he could wit Kyra. An why not, she was a pretty cool chica. He'd gotten him some clothes t wear so he was more comfy, so he was feelin pretty good. Wit Gonz on a leash he looked at the buildin in front a him and sighed. "Fabrications by Design." He'd only been able t find it cuz'a Kyra. She'd show'd him.

He walked o'er an tied Gonz's leash t a tree. "Wait here boy." The place look'd really high class. He hoped they wouldn't kick him out fo lookin like a thug. He wan't here t rob the place, but if anyone inside had e'er been t his hood, they'd know that he looked like he was gunna knock em o'er. He pulled his pants up so they'd cover his draws more. Then he tighten'd his belt. He bent down an tied his shoes right, an then he fixed his hat so it was facin the right way. That was 'bout as cleaned up as he could get.

He pet Gonz again then moved t the door. He waited for a second with his hand on the door handle. He din't know why he was so nervous. He was just sposed t pick up some clothes. He told himself in his head t quit bein such a chicken. Then he opened the door.

Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Three days later ... ((Open)) Empty Re: Three days later ... ((Open))

Post by Marqués del Stry Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:58 pm

The shop was not a flurry of activity - there were no customers harrying about, or workers stocking shelves or doing the other tedious things that a person may see at other clothing establishments. Inside this store things were rather calm and items looked more like they were on display rather than for purchase. A couple workers -all of which were pretty young ladies who looked to be in their late teenage years - were assisting a finely dressed older lady look at a selection of Spring frocks.

In the far corner of the room, by one of the back doors, a tall man with black hair down to his ears and dressed in a black suit was speaking in low tones to another man. This one was in grey and a head shorter than the one talking to him; he had a nervous habit of shifting his stance constantly. None of the workers even looked over in their direction or acknowledged that they were even in the same room. The pair of men didn't even flicker an eye to the door when Speedy opened it and came in.

This did not mean that the young man was ignored for soon after he arrived one of the ladies, with a round face and soft eyes, approached him. The corset gown accented her bust and the tunic underneath it kept her modest. "Hello to you, Sir," she said with a small curtsy. "How may I be of service to you today?" She held her hands down and in front of her, eyes making contact with his as she waited for a reply.
Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Thu May 02, 2013 4:34 am

Speedy looked at the chick an smiled. "Yeah, uh . . . " He cleared his throat. "Yes, ma'am. I was uh, sent here by some dude. He din't give me his name though." He thought 'bout it for a second. "Shit." He whispered t himself. "It was some boxes. More than one, I's sure a that. An they was for his girl. Cause he said her." He realized he shoulda gotten more info from the dude.

"I'm sorry . . ." He scratched the back of his head. "I shoulda axed him bout what 'xactly I was pickin up." He got a look on his face as he thought some more. "Maybe the person who helped him would 'member him. He was like, taller than me. He had dark skin, but it seemed really pale, like he ne'er went out in the sun or somethin. He talked kinda funny, like he was serious ol'school. Dude wore cowboy boots. He was kinda buff, like he hit the weights or somethin. I don't really know how else t describe him." He wasn't sure what he was gunna do if no one remembered helping the dude. "It was like, three days ago when I met him an he told me t come get the stuff today." That info might help too.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Thu May 09, 2013 3:14 pm

The young lady tried her best to keep composure about herself while she listed to the man speak, but her smile was broken and her eye brows raised as she tried to make up what was being said to her..The look she wore said she was confused. She was not quite sure what to make of the man. Her stance shifted from left to right. Regarding his clothing and what she made out from his words, he was an errand boy, though he was unlike any of the ones who had come into the store before.

Her eyes jaunted all over his body as she sought to get her mind back on track. Boxes. Many people placed orders and had boxes to pick up. and she was sure that if she - or any of the other girls - had been around when this man came in before, or the one he described, she would have heard about it! Someone like this simply doesn't walk in without notice. If the other working girls were paying attention now it wasn't obvious as they kept to their task without skipping beat.

"I don't... suppose.. that you have any paperwork about the order? No, no of course you don't. You've already said that was all you know." She schooled her face back into a steady smile. "Let me see here...." Only now did she move her hands from the front to behind her back, right hand grasping the left wrist.

Clearly the girl was thrown off.

From his position at the back the Marqués had been watching even while talking to the man he was with. It could not be said that he did not look out for those in his employ, even if how he looked out for them could be debated. At seeing his girl make the signal with her hands did the Marqués take more interest.

To the man he spoke with he gave a pat on the shoulder, said a few words, and pointed him in the direction of the door. This man did not seem satisfied but he headed out with the Marqués walking behind.

As he came up to the girl and the delivery boy, the Marqués placed a firm hand upon her shoulder and the girl immediately lowered her head. "What is your name, boy?" The Marqués' voice was deep and heavy with the Spanish accent, though he articulated his words well to make them clear; his dark eyes staring right to the boy.

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Fri May 10, 2013 2:35 am

Speedy noticed the way the chica was checkin him out. An he din't think it was cuz she thought he was cute or nothin. He shifted his weight from one foot t the other a lil nervously. He thought maybe she was gunna kick him out on his ear or som'thin. He'd tried t clean himself up a bit b'fore comin in.

She started t ax him a question, but she stopped an answered it for herself. Which was good cause Speedy woulda had t say no anyway. he raised his eyebrows an bunched em together then bit his bottom lip. He was way outta his zone on this one. He knew he shoulda axed more questions.

The dude came walkin up an Speedy thought that he was gunna get kicked out fo sure now. The man axed Speedy a question an he hadta clear his throat t answer. "Ahem. Uh, Speedy . . . Juan, sir. Juan Rodriguez. But my friends just call me Speedy." His accent was no where near as thick as the other dudes, but it was in there. 'Specially cause now he was real nervous.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Mon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

He liked this. He did like that the boy answered the question, and only the question, without talking on about other things that he did not ask. The girl whom had greeting the man first and now the Marqués had his hand upon, she did not move. Not a blink of her eyes or a shift in her stand. Still as a statue.

The Marqués stayed his position and eyes stayed locked on the boy. There was a ghost of a smile at hearing the boys name. "Por qué están aquí?" ("Why are you here?") His words were stressed. Had a mix of curious and threatening.

"Look at my girl," two fingers moved on the hand that was on the girls shoulder. Those fingers pushed up on the girls chin to lift her head up and she complied, though she kept her eyes downward. He took his fingers down from her face. "You have unnerved her."

The Marqués tapped the girl on her shoulder and she did a quick turn and left that scene to join one of the other group of girls helping a client. He turned his attention back to Speedy. The Marquéz adjusted the collar of his shirt and settled his shoulders back. before his hands came to rest down in front of him. "Debería pedir perdón, Rodriguez. ("You should apologize") Then you can tell me what you want."

The rest of the shop carried on around the two men.

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Wed May 22, 2013 3:35 am

The diff'rences b'tween Mexican Spanish an Spain Spanish were small, but they were there. Kinda like the diff'rences b'tween America's English an Europe's English. But it wan't so bad that Speedy din't know what the guy was sayin. Which was a good thing. 'Sides, the guys tone had said more than the words anyway.

Speedy opened his mouth t say som'thin t the guy 'bout why he was there, but the guy wanted him t see the chica first. Then Speedy was 'bout t say som'thin again, he was gunna say sorry, but the guy told him t say it. He managed t not tell the guy duh 'cause he was gunna do that without bein told. Instead, he looked at the chica and talked softly. "Lo siento mucho perder. I'm sorry. I din't mean t upset you. Le ruego que me perdone? Please forgive me?" He hoped that his sorry was good 'nuff.

After he said sorry, he looked back at the guy. "I was asked t come pick up some boxes for a guy. I shoulda axed him some questions, but I kinda wan't thinkin right in my head. All's I know is he was tall, like taller than me, kinda muscular, dark skin, I guess chica's woulda thought he was kinda handsome or som'thin. He said he had more than one box, an they was s'posed t be ready t'day. I was kinda hopin someone woulda 'membered him or som'thin. His skin kinda looked like he'd stayed outta the sun for a long time. Seein him kinda made me think vampir, which seems kinda silly, cause they ain't real an all. But I promise. Parecía un poco aterrador como un vampiro o algunos un poco monstruo." The look on Speedy's face said that he was kinda confused or som'thin. Cause he knew that creatures like that weren't real.

Almost as an after thought he added. "Maybe ya'll got some kinda security camera that you can look at t see if he shows up on em. I figure he was in here 'bout three days ago cause that's when he found me and gave me this errand t run for him." Speedy was trying very hard to use as much proper English an Spanish as possible cause there was som'thin 'bout the guy he was talkin to that just kinda demanded it of him. He had no idea why, but when he was talkin t this guy, it felt like he was talkin t his Tio or som'thin an that if he didn't talk right his Abuela would smack him down or som'thin.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Mon May 27, 2013 8:45 pm

The Marqués knew that when it came to English, his was not the best. He had learned it well enough, and being around people that spoke it helped as well, still there was much that he still did have to learn. The way at which this one spoke was different. It was English but it was not; and it did have nothing to do with his accent or nerves that he may have had. It must be for the reason his girl thought he was a delivery boy, or that his speech confused her.

He did not hide the way he looked at the boy, he was assessing him. This was another reason why the Marqués had been leaving initial meeting and negotiations to his right hand man, Leo had better personable skills. If he was right - and many times he was - this boy was telling the truth. It took a lot of skill to feign nervousness such as he was displaying, not to mention tossing in the language.

The Marqués drew in a deep breath and took a step closer to Juan. The Marqués was tall, easily 6-feet with an added inch or two because of the shoes. "Security cameras are for the paranoid, sí?" He raised his left hand to place it down heavy upon the boys shoulder. "Calmate. Vine.(Relax. Come.)" there may not be security cameras around this shop, bit that did not say that measures were not in effect to protect the contents of the store and people therein.

The hand was withdrawn and The Marqués turned to walk away, back towards the door at the back of the room. He spoke as he walked. "The packages, for your friend, are ready. Though I had thought he may have had a change of mind and would have come himself." It was in the young mans interest to follow while The Marqués spoke, for he did not check to see if he came, and he would not repeat himself later. "Given the nature of your employer I know you will take care with the packages. Lauria?" He came to a stop near the office door and motioned for one of the girls to attend. Anyone who would take the care that Juan's employer did to come to the shop did not appear to be a man to cross.

Lauria had dark skin, with darker hair fashioned in woven cords atop her head. She was almost as tall as The Marqués. "Bring up the unmarked boxes for Señor Rodriguez." A nod was her only reply before Lauria left for the door on the other side of the room and disappeared behind it.

Once again attention was turned to Juan, if he happened to have stayed back then The Marqués would have to speak louder, otherwise it would be in a normal tone. "Why do they call you Speedy?"

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Thu May 30, 2013 6:03 am

Speedy was very nervous, but that wan't the reason that he talked like he did. He was just raised t speak like that. It was how e'erybody talked where he lived. "Si." He was too nervous t say anythin more t the guy as he put his hand on Speedy's shoulder. Relax? Easy for him t say. But he did start walkin with the guy. Mostly cause he was told t.

Speedy was two steps behind and one step t the side of the guy as he followed him. So he heard e'erythin the guy was sayin. He wan't sure why this guy made him so nervous, but he did. "Yes, yes sir. Of course." That was the clearest English Speedy had spoken in a long time. He really was tryin t be normal. So when the guy said that he was sure Speedy would take care of the packages, Speedy sounded normal. Points for him.

He smiled nervously at the chica that came t find out what she'd been called for. But he din't check her out or nothin. So when the guy who was talkin t him axed him a question, he wan't e'en caught off guard. "B'cause I was the fastest runner in my high school." The coaches an stuff wanted him t run track or somethin, but he din't think this guy wanted t hear all that. So he just waited for the boxes an would be quiet unless the guy spoke t him again.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:35 am

The Marqués watched Juan while the girl had gone to get the boxes. It did seem that the lad had come alone, which was curious for the items that he was sent here to get

His lips turned down in a small frown and the Marqués rubbed his chin before crossing his arms. "Perhaps it is that you are here because you will have to be fast in taking these items to your employer. It is not a small box, and I do not provide bags." The idea of someone putting one of his boxes in a bag left, what he had heard said, a bad taste in his mouth. The change of direction of the box would mare it's contents and the items would not be first presentable as he wanted. "By now I would assume you know what you have come to get."

Lauria returned carrying quite a few boxes, five in total. They were dress boxes, therefore, they were more than the width of her. They were of good height and she carried them expertly. The boxes were matte black and they were held together by a thin royal purple silk ribbon. Lauria's head peeked over the left side of the boxes, so she could see where she was going, and walked without missing a beat. She made it looked effortlessly.

“No los deje caer....(Do not drop them.)The Marqués said to Juan as Lauria approached them. She would stand there and wait for Juan to take them, or until she was told what to do otherwise. The boxes were not reasonable heavy, though they did have some weight. Whenever he would take them, she’d let go. “The bottom box, it is a . . . gift. For your employer.” Juan might see a hinting of a smile, but it would not be one that is mistaken for happiness. “From one man of business to another." The bottom box would feel a bit heavier than the others.

There was no mention of a receipt or how much was due. It may have been considered judging, but he did not think Juan had come prepared to pay in terms of money.

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:33 am

Speedy listened as the guy talked. He din't answer less he was axed a question. But when he was, he answered right quick. "Ye ... Yes sir. That is, I presume it's a dress or som'thin?" He hoped that it was a dress. Som'thin nice an legal. Not that Speedy's ne'er broken the law or nothin. But he just got here, it'd suck t already be headed t the pokey.

Drop them? With as nervous as this guy was makin him, on topa how nervous the other guy was makin him, droppin these boxes was outta the question. Speedy'd sooner die. An som'thin told him that if he dropped those boxes, he might just do 'xactly that. So nervously he said. "No, no sir. I mean, yes. Uh, that is, I won't be droppin them." He'd hold em like his life depended on it. 'Cause maybe it did.

He looked at the chica with her arms fulla boxes. He nodded to the guy when he talked 'bout the bottom box being for the other guy. B'fore he took the boxes, he rubbed his palms on the legs of his jeans. "Uh, fo'give me, but uh, is there like a balance due or anythin?" He would pay with the change he had from his shoppin earlier if he could. If not, he'd have t get more money from the guy when he showed up t'night t get the boxes.

Speedy wasn't sure who's foul this was, his for not askin if there was money's due, or the guy for not sayin if there was. Either way, Speedy was gunna have t 'member t axe more questions when someone wanted him t do som'thin. He'd just followed the guys orders without axin him nothin cause he'd been caught off guard. But he'd know better fer next time. If he lived through this time.
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:27 pm

The Marqués, he was preparing to usher Lauria towards another area of work when Juan offered the question of payment. The Spaniard smiled and gave a pat to his workers shoulder to send her off. He watched her go until she was more than a handful of feet away at which point he turned to regard the young man.

"You are still new to this area, at least in this section of the Market, as I have not seen you around, sí?" The Marqués reached out to straighten the top box, "You can accept my kind generosity and leave here with the packages that your employer is waiting for, or...or...." He started to the door, a wave of his hand in the young mans field of vision so he could see that he was moving.  

When he reached the front door he spoke again, pointing a finger over to where Lauria was working at hanging fabrics.  “You can tell the señorita that you are here to pay the debt of another man.” Juan had shown no proof that he was here to pick up the items for the man, he did not even give the mans name, only a description of looks.  While the Marqués was certain the lad was telling the truth, it was still facts.
Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Speedy swallowed hard b'fore he answered the guy.  "Si, been here 'bout three days total."  He'd say more, 'cept he din't think the guy wanted t hear all 'bout how Speedy wan't e'en sure he was on the same planet.

The guy fixin the top box din't even shift the weight in Speedy's arms.  The guy was good.  He started movin when the guy did, listenin t what he was sayin.  Som'thin 'bout the way he said his last comment made Speedy think it was a bad thing t tell the chica.  "No, no sir.  I don't think I wanna go tell her all that."  He had a feelin that he dodged a bullet there.

Hopefully, the guy would open the door for Speedy so he could go.  Then he had t figure out how t untie Gonz an walk with him back t the Inn so he could give him the boxes later.  "Muchas gracias, señor. Un buen día."  That would be where Speedy would leave.

((Thank you very much, mister.  Have a nice day.))
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down