Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Does it Appraise?

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does it Appraise? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does it Appraise?

Post by Rodry Pol Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Anyone who even stepped foot in Rhy'Din couldn't fool themselves into believing that the world was full of nothing but humans. Heck, Rodry's cab driver from the docks had been a Goblin. You couldn't get away from the supernaturals here. There was a slow nod given in response to her explaination. He could understand what she meant, something that most might have had a bone to pick with, yet he didn't ask for clarification.

"Then he was special indeed. It takes much to make you feel as if you belong."

Rodry's cough was mighty inconvenient, even if it seemed like something he had been dealing with for some time. He had sat there for a few moments. Simply recovering and praying for the next breath to come without that disturbing wet sensation. Yet it was undeniable, while it wasn't so strong now that she wasn't standing at his shoulder as she had been at the desk, it was something her nose could pick up. Especially since she was waiting for it.

"It's naught to do with the air."

Those wheezed words sounded only a tad stern between those laugh coughs. Making it clear that he was well aware of his cough and that it wasn't an effect of the 'thinner' air. After all, this was well below the elevation that he lived at before coming here. Not that Epiphany would know that of course, but still.

Rodry might have been worn out and ill, but he wasn't blind, nor was he going deaf. Though her reaction did leave him frowning considerably behind that cloth, wiping his lips carefully before crumpling the cloth in his grip.

"Lucky guess, I suppose. How many names do men carry that begin with P?"

Though he was quick enough to lift a hand to restrain any sudden urge for her to rattle them off. He wouldn't put such a thing past Epiphany. It was far from funny, how quickly her upbeat nature had mellowed, at least in Rodry's eyes. It was a little late to take the offending words back now.

While his breath still came in shallow fits, it felt like it was getting better. At least the anvil on his chest was starting to ease off. The drawn look upon his face made it clear that the coughing was not merely a breathing issue, but one that came with pain as well. Even if he seemed to take it in stride.

"Would you be so kind to fetch me another hankerchief? They're folded on the sink in the bathroom."
Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:03 pm

How many names begin with 'P'? Peter. Paul. Patrick. Either one of those names could have worked, but he had to pick the other name and she was stuck looking at him with an unblinking expression for just a few minutes longer. Then she squeezed her eyes and shook her head to move away the thoughts in her head. Now the words that Rodry had said to her came into focus and she came back with, "Huh?"

Palm of her right hand pressed into her forehead. "I mean, um, sure. Okay."

And she brought her hand down and scratched the side of her neck. "You're right. Of course." Pausing here and there as she tried convinced herself of the lucky guess. "Not too many names...." He just had an odd bit of luck, or maybe it was something else. The wonder of 'something else' is what had her looking at him in more than a quizzical way as she started for the bathroom.

Though she was concerned about his cough. It wasn't the air, as he pointed out to her, and a normal bout of coughing wouldn't cause blood or that look on his face. "Perhaps I shall give you a warm cloth as well." Because she knew that it may help open up his breathing passageways. The comment about the cloth, she was trying to be subtle about it though he had to know that she noticed his coughing. Oh if only she had one of her other belts with her this evening.

It also would help if she smiled, and so she did, and it wasn't one that was forced but soft and concerning. It wasn't his fault that hearing a familiar name caught her off guard and so she shouldn't let it worry her like it was. Some things.. couldn't easily be helped.

Anyway, she went to the bathroom to get the cloth that he asked for. Surely it wouldn't take long.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 am

There were far more than that, especially if one started going into names that hailed from the far corners of the world rather than simply the common ones! With each passing moment during which time she wore that stunned staring expression, Rodry simply remained where he was. Gloved hands tight upon his cane where it rested in his lap.

Epiphany was acting as if she had suddenly been woken from a trance really, which left him wearing that faint frown that left his countanence looking ever so grim. It was unfortunate that the mere mention of a name had caused such turmoil. She had acted so very cavalier about getting rid of the ring, yet if Phillips name could stop her dead in her tracks still ... could she bear to part with it like that? To never know the end of it's story?

"Besides, Epiphany and Pietro doesn't quite have the proper ring to it."

He tried his best to simply relax, to let the pain and the remnants of that warning tickle inthe back of his throat ease. Her smile was returned, even if the strain of his features made his a tad bit harder to produce. Not that he didn't manage. This illness was something that Rodry had become accustomed to. Even if he still didn't have to like it.

"That would be appreciated. Thank you Epiphany."

It wasn't a long trip, that was for sure. Unless of course she decided she was going to snoop around his bathroom, while she waited for the water to heat enough to get the cloth steamy hot, she had ample time.

Just as Rodry had ample time to get himself to his feet, leaning on his cane and making his way to the desk where he changed his gloves, putting the kid-skin pair aside and pulling the original worn leather dress gloves back into place. From there he was hobbling his way to get that Kettle into place for reheating. Giving her time to think on what she may or may not believe.

"Perhaps I will have the bracelet finished sometime tomorrow. I will be sure to get it back to you as soon as I can."

Steering the conversation back to something innocuous, all the better to put poor Epiphany back at ease, considering she had looked more than a bit panicked for a few minutes there!

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:14 pm

No, it wouldn't take her long to get the cloths and - even though she wanted to look around - she left his bathroom the way she found it. This went without saying that she didn't look at what could immediately be seen, but that was all. When she came out she offered him the hot cloth first.

"They are going to do the auction in the Spring, so you have plenty of time," saying so with a smile. Epiphany was even ready to take the use cloth from him if he wanted to be away with it. No need to rush him with it. "Just remember that when you bring it to be sure to keep it out of sight of the Door. I think I told you it likes shiny things?" Did she? Right now she couldn't remember.

She pulled in her bottom lip and gave a small shift in her stance before she headed to the desk where the tray and jewels were. Since he was done with the items, mainly the ring, she picked up the small box. "Rodry? Not to pry too much," because she always seemed to pry, only now wasn't trying to do it 'too much', "but when you said that I should put it to it's use did you mean that I should wear it? The ring?" Did he note that she had not a spic of noticeable jewelry anywhere on her? Not even her ears had holes for earrings. There was an item she always had on her somewhere even if it wasn't seen.

"Pippy, what a lovely ring, congratulations," she said in a voice that was higher than her own. "Oh no," now in her regular tone, "I'm not getting married, I only wanted to put it to good use." Afterward she tapped a finger against her chin and 'hmm'ed in thought.

"Well, that would be a lead in to a good story anyway." There was a considering look on her face as she turned to look at him again. "For this I shall have to do something for you. It's already decided now only has to be done." She liked to give back, even if she didn't know the how or the what right now she would figure out something.

Perhaps to help his cough, she wasn't sure.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Well, there was surprisingly little for her to see in the bathroom. As she might have surmised already Rodry was a spartan sort of fellow. He had a toothbrush and paste, a comb and the other usual things to be seen in the bathroom. A hamper and the scent of soap. Yet there that smell was again. That faintly coppery taint to the air that made it all too clear that blood was someplace or on something.

Epiphany could be so thoughtful. He took the hot cloth gratefully, having by this time returned to the living area with it's small table and having settled once more in one of the chairs. The hand that was provided for taking the cloth was not left empty, even if he seemed semi-reluctant to let her take care of it. Mainly because he would rather have done it himself. He spread the wrung out cloth across his lower face. Simply breathing in the wisps of steam that were trapped within.

"I'm not as fast as I once was, but I'm far from that slow.

Thankfully his chest had started to ease, as had that tension in his features. Yet relief was relative. Considering how he was used to feeling ...

"I will be sure to keep my diamond studded cane hidden."

While his playful wit hadn't been delivered with the same ease, at least he was attempting it. So perhaps the cough hadn't been quite as bad as she had thought. Assuming she went to toss that one in the hamper she'd certainly have more than enough chance to notice that the cloth was indeed bloody, as were the pile in the hamper.

He was resting with that cloth held firmly over his face. Eyes settled closed, though he could hear her over by the desk. Epiphany's apparent worry that she was prying left him only faintly raising bushy brows.

"Epiphany I would hardly give you trouble for prying even if you were, which you are not."

He pulled the cloth away, letting his head hang faintly while he simply savored the much improved quality of breath that the simple remedy brought for the time being. While he had noticed her lack of jewelery during both of their meetings, he had simply assumed that she was more of a minimalist when it came to such things.

Though after seeing her ... fashion flair, it was more of a question on why she wouldn't wear jewelery! After all a few well chosen pieces could really add and shape a character!

"You could always wear it ... though to avoid the engagement issue ... I would suggest wearing it upon your right hand instead. It signifies that you are a widow, you have lost the man you would have accepted this ring from, so it would hardly be a lie."

He finally set that hot cloth aside. Clearing his throat tenatively. Which proved that he at least wasn't going to collapse into a fit right that second! He obviously wasn't done speaking however, since his voice rasped again shortly thereafter.

"What I really meant however, was that perhaps it would be best to save it. Then to give it to someone when you made them feel the same accepted feeling that he gave you. Certainly if you explain the rings siginificance they will understand why it is so important. Other than the obvious of course."

The question of course was if Epiphany was progressive enough to even think of doing such. She certainly seemed rather enlightened when it came to other things. Like adopting persona's that she changed as readily as most did clothing. As for her sudden procilmation that she would find some way to repay him he only smiled and shook his head.

"Now now, how am I to ever cover my tab here at the inn if you are giving me personal favors in way of repayment?"

No one could ever accuse Epiphany of being uncharitable, after all, she seemed as sweet as apple pie and certainly proved herself thoughtful.

"Besides. I wouldn't think to have you indebted to me."

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

A person had to have a bit of laughter at the diamond studded cane mention, or else she did. When he made the joking comment she pictured him leaning on it while standing in the corner of a darkened club, a wide brim hat on his head covering his eyes and a coat of fur. Polished shoes would be a must as well as rings on many fingers. Alas, it was only a thought for she didn't think he was that type of guy. However, he didn't have to be the type to dress up as the type.

That was the thought that was causing Epiphany to look at Rodry with a studious, and yet wondering, look while he was inhaling the warmth of the cloth, only snapping out of her thoughts when he mentioned her own ring. "Hmm? My right hand?"

Lifting her right hand she looked at it, turning the hand and posing as if the ring were actually there, a considerate purse to her lips. "I never knew that. That's interesting." It was a good bet to say that Epiphany would probably try it, at least to see how it looked, and would look at the fingers of other women to see where they wore theirs. "Maybe.. maybe I will. On the anniversary. Yeah..." Clearly she was thinking about it and was unsure if she should wear it constantly, she could see people asking questions already.

Having the box with the ring she turned to get her cup and made a quick side trip to place it in the kitchen where it belonged. "And don't worry about the personal favors," saying that as she returned form putting the cup away. "If I were going to engage you in a personal favor you'd probably have a feeling of foreboding, at least that's what I've been told." And she gave him a wink followed by a chuckle.

"Or maybe I'd be in your debt and things would really be interesting then." How she meant she couldn't say, only that she was who she was and sometimes it brought the unexpected.

She pointed over to the door as she began to make her way there. "Though I should leave you for now and let you get some rest and do the things that you do." Didn't want to hoard all the man's time. "And you can return the items when you're ready." This girl had patience like a statue much of the time.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 am

While Rodry did do his best to look put together, wearing clothing that complimented him and altogether trying to look as snazzy as possible ... he didn't particularly have any fondness for fur! She'd probably have better luck trying to talk him into playing at being a pirate than dressing up like a pimp. Which was precisely why his playful sarcasm had been offered.

Thats what he got for distracting her with a bit of humor!

"Aye, the right. Most will hopefully respect what it represents and not pry too much."

He had noticed her reluctance to bring it up and explain it. Unfortunately not many were as tactful as may be needed to keep from making her freeze up as she had momentarily when he mentioned Phillip's name. Perhaps wearing the ring would help her come to terms with things.

There was certainly a sense of the ending of the visit. Something that he didn't try and discourage, only because of the fact that he was feeling the need for rest. Certainly not because he was tiring of her company. Though her words did have his brows rising slowly.

"... I am almost afraid to ask why someone would feel any sort of forboding when your offering a personal favor."

Now Epiphany was leaving him simply eyeing her with a sort of confused expression. Perhaps it was the wink and that chuckle of hers. Very disconcerting when coming from such a lively young woman.

"Thank you Epiphany, while I would never ask to cut a visit short, I do feel that some rest would do me well. Perhaps I shall get started on that bracelet this evening."

However, he did manage to shuffle over to the door with the assistance of that minimalist cane of his, holding it open for her and giving the room a once over to see if there was anything she may have forgotten. She hadn't had a coat, so he couldn't provide that for her.

"One more thing Epiphany... perhaps if it would help you could offer my services in cutting those stones if someone would prefer to have them set or some such. I would love to do what I could to help. Also, the room is a little larger than I expected, so perhaps I shall harass my son or daughter to bring along a few more of my things."

Oooh. More tools for her to familiarize herself with? There was an oppertunity! Either way, Rodry was offering a smile and a faint wave after her.
Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum