Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Time Marches On

3 posters

Go down

Time Marches On Empty Time Marches On

Post by Madeline Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:51 am

Madeline having to come to town to pick up some supplies for the tavern, decided to make time to visit Titania. After dismounting her horse Swifty, and brushing off her black jeans and red tank top, she made her way inside the coffee shop. Making her way to the counter she waited for her order to be taken.

Madeline

Back to top Go down

Time Marches On Empty Re: Time Marches On

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Titiana had stopped working at the Starbucks a while ago, but she made sure to stop in and check to see if Madeline had dropped by for her or not, because she did not wish to miss the visit. She could of sent a message back to Maddie to tell her where to reach her, that was true, but that was something that could be taken care of in person. As were a matter of other things, though one always wanted to see how things went so to speak before spilling all the eggs, or getting the horse before the cart or whatever those sayings were.

Sure Maddie had said when she would be around, but that hadn't meant that T wasn't the sort to do a random check. And this random check came at the right time, for when Titania pulled up and glanced inside she noticed a familiar figure in the line. After placing her car in park, undoing the seat belt, grabbing her purse, she would make her way inside the Starbucks. Thankfully there was not a large line today it was almost deserted which she thought was odd, though she still waved to the people that were working, most of them had been upset when she had left. Stopping so she was just behind Madeline, a grin slipping over her features. "I hear the coffee here is to die for."

Not that she would get coffee oh no when it became her turn she asked for a fruit cocktail juice and a egg bagel. Dressed as she was in a pair of what looked to be black jeans and a teal long sleeve shirt with bells at the ends of the sleeves, the shirt had a v-neck that did not plundge to deeply. A silver and turquoise necklace was worn upon her neck. The long brown curly locks were worn freely. The only thing that might be felt by Maddie that had changed was the glimmer of magic was strong. Only because Maddie was knowledgeable in the arts she might feel the magic's that were surrounding Titaina.

She glanced around with her chocolate gaze before smiling to Maddie. "Want to have a seat? I am so glad that you came to meet me." A hint of insecurity would slip past but it was quickly covered. She was in control of her emotions, really she was, she glanced around a moment. A quick little smile. "I missed you." She did miss Maddie, perhaps she missed other's perhaps not, but it was not a lie.
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Madeline grinned."Yeah i hear it's some of the best coffee in town."

Madeline hugged her friend tightly, but then broke the embrace. Madeline sensed something very different about Titania. Yes the power increase was obvious, but there was something else that Madeline couldn't quite put her finger on.

Madeline took a step back and eyed Titania with a arched left eyebrow. Without moving and without removing her glance she spoke to the counter attendant. "Small coffee, black."

"Okay Titania spill it, there's something different about you, and it's not just your newly found power."

Taking a hand full of gold coins, Madeline tossed it on the counter, and took her coffee. She waited for a response from her friend.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Maddies words got a huge grin for Titania. "I don't know where you would hear that from."

When Madeline hugged her T hugged her back, just as tightly, it was funny how things like friends, meant to her. When her emotions were completely out of whack. Of course Maddie would pick up on that, she herself was known for having her own set of gifts, and how to use them.

Now, why she thought that she would be able to hide anything from Maddie was another thing completely. Maybe she was trying to reach out, because she thought family, which Maddie was even if she was no longer with Xavier, some things were still there. Once she heard that his sort mated for life, and instead she had sort of taken on his family if not him, in her own way. She had plans to visit with other's of Xavier's family but she wanted to start with Maddie, the two had bonded almost from the git.

Titania, would wait till Madeline was done and walk away from the counter. A impish grin forming. "It is good to see you too." Thankfully the spell she used to mask certain things was a good one, and nothing odd but the surge of power could be felt in the hug. But then she waited until they were near a booth, a empty booth. "We should sit down." She paused a moment sliding down, and then waiting for Maddie to sit down.

She took a small breath. "Your going to be a aunt..." Yeah that was sure something different wasnt it? She looked guilty just a moment before a scene replayed in her mind. "Xavier had suspicions but I didn't tell him for sure...so he doesn't know." Did that make her a bad person? Maybe, but she didn't want him to be bothered with anything, once things were more settled she would send a message. But then she got to thinking that it wasn't fair to his family or for the babe, or babes if you listened to the doctor, to not know their family. She was watching Maddie rather carefully, "I'm due in the middle of next month." She figured that was enough information for now, and she wasn't going to be adding any more to that....let the girl take it all in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Madeline's arched eyebrow went a slight bit higher. "I'm going to be a what?" Yes she had her Titania quite cleary but she needed a moment to let it sink in.

Several thoughts were running in her head. The thought of Gawain being a grandfather was funny, and almost put a impish smile on her face. But then she heard the part about her brother not knowing.

"You're due in the middle of next month, and you haven't told him yet? Light Titania why not? Doesn't he have the right to know? Does anyone else in the family know? Did you plan this? Sorry for all the questions Titania, it's just I'm concerned." Madeline sighed She would was gonna ask if she was sure it was Xavier's, but she had all idea he had inherited the Cauthon rapid fertility. Light she hoped that was just something that affected the male Cauthon's and not the females.

Finally sitting down at the closest available table, she took a long breath. "Well I'm glad to see you're doing okay. Hope the child you're caring is as well. So when do you plan on telling my brother?" Madeline was about a millisecond from opening a gateway to Xavier.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Oh she knew she heard her, but she would repeat it after a moment, in a soft yet strong voice. “An Aunt. Twice over.” As in twins. The look on Titania’s face when the doctor said…so I hear two hearts not one in there…had been priceless. But Maddie’s look was a rather good one as well, almost enough that it made her wish she had grabbed a camera, to snap a picture when she told people.

Gawain being a grandfather could be …. Interesting. And she knew she would get the questions, in fact maybe a part of her was glad for them, because it gave her other things to think on. “I know…I know I should of told him…but our parting wasn’t….on the best of terms.” That was a good way to say that right? She wasn’t placing blame, it was the truth, and perhaps some of the words he had said that final meeting had caused her not to say anything. “I couldn’t just show up at the Tel’Ranaemyn Inn and leave a note for him.” Well she could of but she had thought better of doing such. “He…does have a right to know..but I don’t think he would want to know.” She looked down at that a moment but not for long, she shook her head lightly, her voice came out soft for the moment. “The babies will only be a connection to someone he wishes nothing to do with.” She had no plans of Xavier being around, and she had no plans of bad talking the babies father either, they were going to have a positive mother. Nothing like what her mother had been, more like her gram’s.

“You’re the first I have told.” And it was true she had told Maddie first, because she had been closest to Maddie sans Xavier. “It wasn’t planned…but then when we weren’t using anything, thinking it wouldn’t happen to us…” A self mocking smirk, she took full blame for not making sure she was protected, she knew better, but she just didn’t think about it. She was in love and foolish, that was the best way to describe it. She had looked around a moment, before lifting the fruit juice and taking a drink, then her chocolate gaze went back to Maddie. “You can ask whatever you want too.”

Silence was there a moment, before she spoke very softly, her hands pressing against the appealingly flat stomach most lovingly. “When Xavier and I broke up, I thought about….getting ….” She couldn’t even finish the sentence the thought of what she had thought about in the heat of the moment, had upset her even now, she just shook her head, unable to go on. She hadn’t done any research on it, no phone calls it was a thought that had entered and exited, every time it tried to peek into her mind. Did that mean when they had their fight she knew, yes, why hadn’t she said anything when they were fighting? He dismissed her, it wasn’t the sort of thing a girl says….’Little Girl You are dismissed’ Im having your baby.’ no.

“I wasn’t going to tell any of you, but that wouldn’t be right, and I didn’t want anyone to try to sway me into anything.” She gave a shake of her head, lightly, looking up at Maddie, much like a little kid would. “Do you think he would want to know?” She had her doubts, and really she couldn’t handle a fight with Xavier right now, she would end up breaking down and finally crying. He would think her crying was a ploy in some way, or something odd, and she was trying to stay..healthy for the babes. She was chewing on the skin on the inside of her mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Madeline, giving her friend a warm and sympathetic look, took her hand and smiled. "Oh you poor thing. Why didn't you contact me sooner? I'm very happy for you, and my brother."

Madeline continued rubbing Titania's hand as she spoke smoothly. "But sweetie he does need to know. Think of how he grew up, sent away from his mother, never knowing his father. Do you think he wants that for his own flesh and blood? I haven't known my brother for that long mind you, but we have grown close. I do know he values family, and would want to know his child. I don't think you need to wait either."

Madeline took a moment to observe the coffee shop. She glanced over to the small hallway where the restrooms were. Seeing that the small hallway was empty, Madeline opened a gateway to Wolf's Head where her brother was sitting in front of the TV. The Gateway would open just behind the chair he was sitting in. Sending a small thread of air through to cause a small ringing sound in his ear. Madeline sent a mental link to her brother. "Xavier it is important I speak with you. Step through the portal and find me." She knew Xavier would know where he was once he stepped through the portal.

"Relax Titania I'm here for you, whatever you need. So will Xavier."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Xavier had grown accustomed to the voices in his mind. He did not block his family and close friends, so it was quite easy to contact him in this manner. The fact, however, that the gateway opened close enough to sheer a few locks of hair from his head caused a frown. ~I'll be there, sis.~

Almost as soon as she would hear his mental voice, he would step through the gateway in a crouch, dagger in one hand, full of the Source, and with the Aiel shoufa hiding the lower half of his face. Huh. No fight? Well, that was no fun....

His disappointment drained when he saw where he was. Had his big sister led him into an ambush? Truthfully, he had never stopped loving Titania, even though he had made a rather large ass of himself when last they spoke. Even so, he was a bit guarded even as he lowered the shoufa and stepped toward where he felt the prickle of Saidar emanating. "Uh, Maddie? What's going on? Thought you were in trouble..."

He realized three things at that very moment. First, he had a dagger drawn in a crowded coffee shop. Second, he was definitely not dressed for the common folk, still wearing the cadin'sor of his adopted clan. Third, there was Titania. He felt Saidar flee him in a rush, right along with the breath in his lungs. Not trusting himself to speak, he simply looked down, back up, and smiled apologetically. "Er. Sorry. Private conversation?"
Xavier
Xavier

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:51 am

Now, she didn’t know what to expect but she took the support from Maddie. “I…should have.” She couldn’t say that she shouldn’t of, because it would have been nice not to go through everything on her own. “Sometimes we don’t think clearly.” That was true enough was it not? Not only when hormones were going wonky but just in general, how many times had something happened when you shake your head and ask for a redo?

She took a small breath. “I know he deserves to know. If you think he wants too, that is.” She wouldn’t assume to know what Xavier would or wouldn’t want to know. But his sister would know more about that now then she would, at least she would assume as much. She spoke softly. “I am not sending my babes away.” The words even though they were said soft were lined with steel, that was not something she could imagine, being parted. Maybe once they drove her batty but as of now.

And then she blinked a moment at Maddie’s words. “I am glad you will be.” Before that touch of a smile touched her lips. “Though I am not sure…” She was about to say more words, but they were cut short by the arrival of Xavier. She had not seen him in quite a long time, though the only outward notice of anything being off, would be the squeeze of Maddie’s hand. Almost as if she was looking for silent support.

She would glance up but she would not meet his eyes. She swallowed. “Hello Xavier.” She thought to let Maddie speak first, because Maddie had brought him here to get the confrontation about everything out in the open. Part of her wanted to just let the shimmer go, even though they were out in public and surely that would get a bit of attention, but it would also just show him instead of telling him.

Xavier might even feel the shimmers of magic coming from Titania. The power was stronger then it had been before, with the time they had been apart she had practiced more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Madeline gave a soft chuckle at her brother and squeezed Titania's hand back to show her support. "What were you expecting Brother, hell demon, psycho dad, Sweet? And no you're not interrupting, in fact we were discussing you."

Madeline gave Titania a soft warm smile. She had never been one to mince words or beat around the bush. "Titania has something she'd like to tell you. So pull up a chair and sit down."

Madeline using weaves of air created kind of a bubble around them so that the only people that would hear anything said would be Titania, Xavier, and herself. Not that she was expecting any sort of attack, but people did tend to ease drop and talk, and she wanted this to be a private conversation even if they were in public. "Okay Titania, you have the floor."

Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:34 pm

She gave a small nod of her head, perhaps in agreeance of what Maddie had said, about discussing Xavier. For it had started off as one thing but quickly moved to him as well, it was hard for it not, when it involved him so. Or rather it could of involved him? Titania still did not know how this was going to go. The squeeze from Maddies hand did give her the thought of support at least from his sister.

She waited for Xavier to take a seat, as Maddie had suggested, unless he told them that he would rather stand up. Either way she would wait for him to make some sort of move before she would speak. A small breath would be released, which in that time Maddie’s protective bubble of sound barriers should have been in place.

How to tell him. Oh hell. This was not the easiest thing she had ever done, yet a part of her was telling her it was not the hardest yet, just somewhere in the not so happy middle. Glancing down a moment, before lifting her head up, she was not going to be cowed, for no real reason. Maddie was correct, Xavier did deserve to know. “I just told Maddie that she is going to be an aunt.” A small pause, almost letting that sink in before she spoke again. “And your going to be a father.” Another pause. “Twins. They should be here in February around the middle of the month…unless I am early.” Which she could be, twins sometimes did that, and it was rare to carry them to term, but being what she was, what they were she just might. Before he could ask she spoke. “I have only been with you since I met you.” That was true enough, and before him she had hit a bit of a dry spell, which sounded funny at their ages. “I was going to wait to tell you until after they were born…and then you could decide what you wanted to do.” Her pink tongue darted out to lick her suddenly dry lips. “I…would like you in our babes lives but if you don’t want to be…I understand that too.” There she told him she wanted her babys daddy in their life, but she knew first hand about being raised without, and she was going to let him make his own choices, she wouldn’t try to force the babes on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:36 pm

He was glad that he had taken a seat. He opened his mouth to speak, but for once, nothing came out. Well...not -nothing-. He kind of....squeaked. Then, like a dam being broken by a sudden onrush of water, here it came.

"Titania, I never wanted to be away in the first place! Light, of course I want to be in their...their?...lives! Ashes, I want to be in your life! Always have! I, uh, shoulda thought about that whole twin thing, huh? Aw geez, who gets to tell Ryan? I know mother already knows. This isn't something that would escape her notice." He stopped, breathed, then continued. "She's been to see you already.." Not really a question...he knew his mother.

He reached over, giving Maddie a one-armed hug, and smiled. "I know you well enough to know the sun won't set tonight before Dad knows. Break it to the old guy easy, huh? He might break a hip or something." He winked, then turned back to Titania. Maybe she had had time to process everything he had said. The argument...the one really bad argument they had...yeah, he overreacted. Now he knew why she had been so...touchy? He would not say that out loud, of course. Such words (and less) have led to castration in past cases of 'surprise' pregnancies. Imagine that, though....he was happy.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:57 am

Madeline nearly spit out her drink at the mention of telling their father he was going to be a grandpa. She gave her brother a playful wink. "What makes you think I would do something like that."

Madeline gave Titania one more soft squeeze of her hand. and stood up. "Okay I must head back to Wolf's Head. Titania if you need me just send for me, you too Brother."

Madeline leaned down and gave her brother a hug. "Take care...Dad."

chuckling she walked out side and mounted her horse. Once she mounted, she looked at her brother and Titania a soft smile. sending him one more mental message. "Xavier before I forget, that sound proof barrier I put up should hold for at least another hour. I'll talk to you later. Love you."

With that Madeline and Swifty headed back to Wolf's Head Inn.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:24 pm

When Xavier started to talk she was blinking, because he sounded so different then he had at that point of time, one thing about having her memory, it was the part that stood out. “I didn’t know if you would want to or not.” She paused as if in thought. “I…want you to be a part of their lives.” Of course, that did mean if he was in their life that he was going to be in her life, she figured they could figure that bit out later? Right now she wasn’t really in the position to make big decisions or say things. Mood swings and all of that. But she could tell him. “I have missed you.” She had missed him, and she knew that Maddie would know that, it wasn’t that hard to tell.

She gave Maddie’s hand a squeeze as she was squeezed. “Thank you Maddie.” OF course, she was hoping that everything would go okay with telling Gawain that he was going to be a grandpa. At least he got to be a young grandpa? Now to keep things technical, at this very point, Airtia did not know yet, nor did Ryan. “I am sure it will not be long before they find out.”

“Xavier…are you sure your okay?” A hint of worry, she had just given him a pound or two of bricks and she wanted to make sure he was okay. Especially with Maddie going off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:10 am

He smiled, inching closer to her slowly. "Never better, Titania. Ever heard of something called a lottery? Well...." He grinned widely, placing his arm around her shoulder gently. "I do believe I've won it." That being said, he leaned close and gently kissed her. "Happy Valentine's Day, Titania. My gift pales in comparison to the one you've given me, but...well, you know. I'm not so much with the selection of gifts."

A thought occurred to him then. "Saaayyy.....let's go to the furniture store. Baby stuff, you know. Changing tables, bassinets, cribs, the whole nine. You pick....I've already proven I'm rubbish at picking out furniture." He winked, still wearing that disarming grin, and gave her elbow a squeeze before he released her completely.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 pm

She was watching him, from the corner of her eye, as he inched closer to her. The weight of his arm around her shoulders was forgien to her now. But she did not shy away from him, she had indeed missed him, even if she wasn't to keen on the last departure of company they had. But that was something they would and could deal with later, if he really wanted to be around. She gave him a smile, the sort that was still unsure of itself, but a smile none the less.

He got a laugh out of her, about his lack of picking out furniture. It wasn't that he ws bad at it.it was more of the fact she had wanted to mesh her grannys style with her own, and to do it for herself. Being her first home! But she gave a small nod. "We...we can do that." She moved to stand up, for she had been sitting there, during all of the above, and she cast a almost shy smile at him. "When...did you want to go?" She thought he meant now but if he had other things, I mean the man didn't know what was going to happen when he came through the portal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down