Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Repose for a Tired Soul. ((Very Open.))

2 posters

Go down

Repose for a Tired Soul. ((Very Open.)) Empty Repose for a Tired Soul. ((Very Open.))

Post by Rodry Pol Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:20 pm

This place, it seemed ever so quaint. Something that had been pointed out to him repeatedly by his son. New Haven had caught his attention and he had decided not to stop pestering his father until he got away out of his old home for a while. He spent most of his life cooped up there, even if it was a wonderful place, he needed a fresh start. Something that his island home couldn't offer the way that a bustling city could. In Rhy'Din of all places. His father had been seperate from that lifestyle so long that it seemed more a memory than anything else.

The younger of the trio had insisted, so he had waited for a cab at the port. Even if his father would have rather walked, in his condition it was not something that would be advised. Yet the younger couldn't help but be put off by his fathers less-than-excited behavior. The talk had been brief before he had seen his father into the cab with his trunk in the trunk and his bag at his side.

"Father, it is a place like those you once loved. People by the scores, all kinds. It will be good for you to get out. You must live in the world instead of in your head and the halls of your home."

His son, forever the optimist it would seem. Yet he knew that he meant well. The boy always had, despite the fact that the world had proved to be far from kind. Mother gone before he had gotten a chance to even truly develop memories, father ailing and starting to have a hard time truly caring for himself. He didn't need a nursing home, but things were just so damn difficult for him now ... He let himself imprint his sons features in memory. Perhaps for the last time unless things got better. Tall, powerfully built. Dark hair that was cropped short in the front and gathered loosely in a ponytail in the back. A strong jaw and eyes that practically gleamed orange even in the dark.

"Listen to him Daddy, it's really a nice place. The city is wild and full of wonderful things. The inn has plenty there and around to let you while away your time. There's a forests and cliffs. It is a beautiful land here. You better write or we'll just have to come and breathe down your neck and I know how much you hate that."

His daughter, she was the sort that men could fall in love with in a moment. A sweet and patient temperment, a faint mischievious lilt to her voice when she spoke at times. She had been born a matter of minutes before her brother. Though thankfully she was the visual opposite of her brother. A petite and slender beauty, with her hair caught in a wrap to keep it hidden. The fact that she leaned down to kiss her fathers cheek beneath his hood was enough to put a faint grin on his face. Speaking to the both of them through the cab window.

"I am sure that it will be fine. Thank you both for the company on the trip. I am sure I can manage to get to the inn the rest of the way on my own. Take care of my home while I am away but do not let it take away from your own lives."

Once rich voice had long since descended into a husky croak, one that seemed to wheeze rather than ring from his throat. Something that kept him from being overly chatty with most.

Thankfully the journey to the inn was not long so he did not have to suffer the goblin cabbies incessant gobbledegook for long. A blessing if there ever had been one. Yet it left him climbing out of the cab, with the aid of a long cane with a rounded crystal head and a shaft of polished mahogany body. His bag was grasped loosely in one leather gloved hand, straightening slowly and mumbling to the goblin in his native tongue to get the trunk up to the door.

The minor amusement of watching the goblin struggle with the chest lasted him only until he paid the fare, moving inside and lightly rapping his cane on the reception desk. Expecting that someplace as seemingly popular as this one had to have a host or hostess....

Who would of course get a good look at the man. He wore a long coat that was buttoned tight against the weather, though it was also equipped with a heavy hood that was deep with seemingly perpetual shadow. The coat was a deep navy hue, one that seemed nearly black in tone. The leather gloves were a soft worn gray that might have been black once upon a time.

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Repose for a Tired Soul. ((Very Open.)) Empty Re: Repose for a Tired Soul. ((Very Open.))

Post by Epiphany Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 pm

This was a rather popular place, wasn't it, though that may have been news to the girl who was coming out of the Bar area. Despite her associate with the establishment she was in and out of it enough to not know everything that went on between the walls. She left the management and dealings to someone who was more responsible.

It was warm inside the Inn, a noticeable contrast to the cool - and sometimes harsh - winter winds of the outside, yet this girl was wearing a black heavy-nit wool sweet Lolita coat. Black coal buttons traveled down the sides of the bust to the hem of the skirt and the high button collar and wrist bands were a gray wool; the white lace petticoat and Mary-Jane's completed her ensemble. The heel of those polished to a shine shoes click-clacked on the wooden floorboards and the direction she faced was straight forward, head tipped down as she was engulfed in the red leather bound book opened and held with both hands.

Only a few steps of progress was made towards her destination of the Meeting Hall when the clicking of her shoes on the floor stopped. Peripheral vision told her that someone was standing at the Front Desk - because, for some reason or another, she hadn't heard the knocking. The long black lace ribbons that held her bun in place swung with the sharp turn of her head. The color of her lips was as red as the book in her hands and deep black eyeliner surrounded her bright blue eyes.

"Hello." A 'snap' of the book closing followed her greeting and then a full body turn towards the man at the desk. Black lace gloves on her fingers held the book close to her chest. There was a moment of hesitation from her like she didn't know what to do besides give the greeting, though her eyes were traveling all over the man before they settled on his face and her red lips broke into a smile.

The click of her heels sounded again as she walked over to the Front desk to stand behind it. This girl looked to be in her early twenties and the white powder on her face gave a more porcelain look to her features. "Welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn." She placed the book on the desktop and its cover read 'The Poetry of Emily Dickinson'. "What can I do you for today?"

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Repose for a Tired Soul. ((Very Open.)) Empty Re: Repose for a Tired Soul. ((Very Open.))

Post by Rodry Pol Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:37 pm

He hadn't been standing there long. Certainly not long enough to rap upon the desk a second time. Yet the appearance of this angelou left him raising a brow almost curiously. Her eyes were able to perceive the fact that this man must have once cut quite the impressive figure, he was tall though the broad shoulders slumped perceptibly. Easily noticed. The sharp snap of the book didn't even ellicit a twitch from the newest visitor to the inn. Though she found that her careful glance being returned.

"Good Evening."

The soft broken sound of his voice coaxed a quick clearing of his throat, even if it did little to change the rasp that seemed perpetually caught there. Though once the young woman was on the far side of the desk she got a glance into the hood. Proving that the first indication was no doubt a true one. He had a strong jaw and an aquiline nose. Though his gaunt features only further exaggerated the strong cheekbones and brow. Iron gray hair was secured loosely, for a few strands whisped about his cheeks.

"I find myself in need of a room. As well as someone with a back stronger than my own to bring my trunk."

At which point he indicated with his cane the door, where the goblin had pointedly left the big trunk partly blocking the threshold. The simple request of a room was no doubt as common as dirt around here! His weather beaten skin was a deep tan, yet the deep sapphire blue of his eyes seemed as intense as could be. Showing no sign of the weariness that his body betrayed.
Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:06 pm

"Yes, Sir," said this girl dressed in black upon hearing his request. A nod of her head as she reached inside the desk to pull out the ledger, pulling her gaze away from his eyes. He had striking eyes, in comparison to the rest of them they are what interested her because of what she felt in them. He wasn't a simple weary man, or, perhaps he was and as people aged their eyes retained strength so that the younger generation wouldn't bowl them over.

As she pulled out the Ledger she thought to the Nuns and Priest at the church, as they were really they only age showing people she knew. How were their eyes? At the moment she couldn't remember, all she could see was the way the one particular Nun looked at her and that caused her to lightly shiver.

It wasn't that big but the leather book ledger was starting to show slight signs of much use. She sat it gingerly upon the desk and caressingly brushed her hand over the cover before the opened it to reveal the comic doodled pages for the eyes to see. "I am curious, Sir," and she was. No matter how she dressed she would always be curious. "How have you heard of this place?"

She was always interested as to the 'how' because it was always a story, mundane or not.

Flipping through the pages and looking at the cross-outs and extra markings she was able to deduce that there were a handful on the first floor, one, actually, on this floor and a possible one on the second floor. She stole a look to his luggage by the door, a small room wouldn't do for him. "We accept various forms of payment and while you are here, unless you pay otherwise, anything you get from the bar gets applied to your tab. Makes it easier." Though she has had people ask how the place can run when they practically 'gave' things away, but the secret of their funding was known to a few. "Coin, of course would be the obvious one, but we also accept services. Work. Perhaps there is something that you can do for us that would take care of your fee?"

She liked to consider that her way of subtly asking what the person did, or could do. As for getting someone to get the luggage, she produced a bell - a dull gold one - and gave it a single flick.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bell boy Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:08 am

"I'm coming... I'm coming.. Keep your pants on!" Whack! The kitchen door went flying up against the wall from such force and would have went for a rebound if it wasn't for the large humanoid white tiger that blocked it's flow and went a' strolling through like he owned the place.

Now this was something you didn't see everyday. Spotting his quarry - the girl in black and the bell - the big guy went sauntering towards the front desk without a care in the world and a great big grin on his cat like face. He sure was a tall one when he got there those people standing at the desk would see he was a few more inches than 6 feet high but he was a young' un too if his dress gave any indication: low riding, baggy as could be blue jeans topped off with a black T-shirt emblazoned with the words 'Catch me if you can!'. Stopping at the corner of the desk he looked at the lady in black with that big O' grin. "'Sup? Dude in the kitchen said I should come check out the bell."

Bell boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:13 am

((Apologies for the wait. Had a hectic first week.))

One could only imagine what this man had looked like in full form. He must have cut quite an impressive figure at one point in his life, even if now he had only the poise and guile of old age to fall back upon. The faint rattle in his breath soon betrayed him however. Leaving him leaning his weight into the cane wielding arm, even while the other sought out the breast pocket of his coat. Producing a hankerchief of a deep maroon hue.

The coughing fit lasted only a few moments, but no doubt the young woman could see in the violent shudders and the rasping hack in his throat that it was far from just a faint tickle of the throat. Yet he treated it like something he was accustomed to. Giving the hankerchief nary a glance before he was folding it away into his pocket once more.

"My children. They despaired over the fact that I was languishing at home when in my younger days I spent much time savoring the newness of such places as these. They thought it might be good for me to get out of their hair for a while."

A swing of his hand was enough to encompass more than just the inn, meaning New Haven itself as much as the Wandering Hills Inn. Though the wry twist of his lips made it clear that the his children might have piped up in their own defense had they been here.

The book she produced had his free hand lifted, fingers touching at the cover of the book curiously a moment before she opened it up. The leather bound ledger seemed to hold some fascination for him, since he slowed her with a light touch of gloved fingers on the pages as she went through them.

"Mhm. The tab will be useful. Payment I would most likely produce in coinage. While I once worked as a passable jeweler I have not been able to practice my craft ... for some time."

The regret in his tone was clear, though the question was, what use could a jeweler be to an inn? Short of him opening up shop under their roof he wouldn't be able to keep enough stock on hand to make whatever the inn may charge. Better that he just drew on what money he had.

At the sudden bounding arrival of nothing less than a tiger anthropomorph in order to convey his luggage, he couldn't help but faintly curl his lips. Though he was already drawing the provided writing utensil for the signing of the ledger. His choice would of course be the first floor room. The better to allow him to make use of the common areas. While he might talk a mean game, stairs were an unneeded hassel.

His name was clearly legible in tiny cramped print. Though his signature beside the print was a nicely flowing affair and his hand was steady despite his apparent decrepit state.

"Rodry Pol. It is a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. ...."

Seemed she wasn't the only one who was adept at information fishing. After all, he hadn't asked only her name with that fertile silence.

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:46 pm

(It's not a problem!)

Did she expect to see the white tiger youth coming from out of the Bar area? No. Her shock was contained to a few simple blinks to him before her attention went to the bell she had rung as she tipped it up to examine it. The way she looked at it anyone would think she suddenly didn't know how it had gotten into her hand in the first place. At this point the bell made less sense to her then the one who had answered the ringing. He said 'dude in the kitchen' and that could only be one person in her mind and therefore this unexpected presence made sense. This bell, almost looking antique, didn't for she didn't remember ever getting bell for the front desk.

Perhaps it came with this new worker?

"Interesting." Having said that in a whispered tone as it was commented to herself more so than anyone present. Perhaps she meant the bell, or the youth, or everything in general. The bell was set with care down upon it's base, her fingers lingering on the handle. "So you are a an appraiser, Mister..." it was drawn out because she was taking a moment to read the signature. He had said that he was a Jeweler, but were they not similar in a fashion? Could be that she had an interest in an appraiser. "Rodry Pol."

Heaven help the people that this girl took an interest in.

She had seen the way he looked at the book and graced over the cover, it was a type of look she had not seen in many people and those she had, they were of a high society class - clearly she wasn't in that class despite her dress. Having noticed his cough the Ledger was then taken and she turned it back around to her as she made a note next to his name concerning the room. "This Inn may be good for you in more ways than one, Rodry Pol." Saying his name again so she could put it in her memory. There was a Doctor that resided at the Inn and, aside from that, this place had a way of doing the . . . unexpected to people.

Taking into consideration his luggage - and that cough, she marked off for him the room that was on this floor - the first floor would be up the steps. It may be a little confusing, but she thought to keep him from the steps and since he didn't say anything of preference.

"Bellboy," how else was she to address the tiger? "Would you be so kind as to take the bags of Rodry Pol to the room down the hall?" Motioning with her finger to left, pass the Meeting hall, and past the Lounge - which would be on the left side of the hallway she pointed to. "The last door."

She produced a key - rather simple with a leather strip attached to it - and set it on the desk for him to take. "Your payment will be due at the time of your departure." That always made it easier. Some people liked to pay here and there when they thought of it, but she didn't mind either way.

"For reference, my name is Epiphany." Simply Epiphany. "May your time here be rewarding."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellboy Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:59 pm

"Bellboy!?" The tiger yelped in echo with the lady in black and gave her a most indignant look to boot. Well - as much as a tiger can give an indignant look anyway. "You ain't gonna make me wear one of those little suits are ya? Kitchen dude didn't say nothing about wearing no little suits to answer the bell!. Can I have it?" That's right. If he was going to be the bellboy then it only made sense that he would get the bell as well, right?

But the threat of the suit wearing notwithstanding, this young tiger had been given a job to do and that's what he was going to do - going to go over and heft that big trunk in the doorway over his shoulder.

Her name was Epiphany? There was a sniggering snort and the next thing you knew the tiger boy had broke out into howling laughter. "You're kidding right? Who'd name their kid something like that!?" Yep - the kid was laughing at the girl but never fear! In the next moment it was dying down as he swung that trunk around and came bounding back her way. "Where's the room?" This new worker was going to be quite the handful, wasn't he?

Bellboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:19 pm

The tiger was full of the boundless energy of most of his kind it seemed. Something that the man who was checking in could only glance over. After all, it had been some time since he had last met an anthropomorph! Not to even bring up the young-seeming male's manner of speech!

"I suppose that I could do such work, if it is needed. I have much experience in judging the value in things. At least in coin. Gems and jewels were merely my forte'. As well as my passion."

When she seemed to take time to taste his name he only offered a faint quirk of the corner of his mouth. It appeared that the young woman found his name intriguing.

"As my children no doubt hope. However, come what may, I am here now."

Who knew how this strange place would affect him, he had no expectations of getting well. It wasn't as if he had never been to a physic before! Though who knew. Such places had been his domain for much of his life, perhaps he would find some of the strength of his youth in dwelling here.

At the production of the key, he offered his own gloved hand up. Seeming to eye it critically for long moments before he drew it tight to his palm. The thought that he might not be allowed the chance to pay his dues something that only fleetingly crossed his mind. This sickness hadn't consumed him yet. Rodry didn't plan on letting it get the better of him any time soon either.

"Epiphany... Thank you for inducting me. I will see you one of these days I am sure. I hope you enjoy your poetry."

He mulled her own name as well, even if hers was far more exotic than his own. Though at the sniggering of the stripped bellhop, he only glanced pointedly his way. Whiile he couldn't say much in favor of the young mans manners, he could only indicate the hall with his cane.

"No doubt it simply came to them."

Maybe the smile in his tone was merely imagined, since it couldn't be seen with him making his three legged way towards the hall that had been indicated. Though if the Tiger seemed impatient, he offered up the key for him to take rather than making him wait for the older mans slow progress. This place did seem nice enough, even if it was far from the nicest place he had been. It certainly was far from the seediest!

"And what sort of name do you carry? Furrball, Tigris, Fluffy?"

The later aimed at the one who had been teasing the desk girl over her own name. In his experience with Anthropomorphs, naming was not exactly one of their strong suits!
Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:21 pm

There was nothing extra ordinary about the key in fact, when if it was compared to the Ledger it would be the old leather bound book that held the value. Even if that key had been purposely rusted to give a certain 'look' of old age. As he now had it in his hands and all accounts of the check-in were settled she put the Ledger back in its place.

Listening to the tiger talk about her name Epiphany smiled and gave a dismissive wave of her hand as she laughed and picked up the book she placed on the desk. She could take a pun, a good joke, jab and all that as she was really a lot more relaxed and outgoing than her dark garb may have portayed her to be, she was only good at staying in character. To an extent.

Fixing to say some sort of witty remark that would match her current persona Rodry spoke up and saved her from having to say anything at all. She might actually get to like this man! Epiphany opened the book and lifted it so that the lower half of her face was covered and, turning to face the tiger she stuck her tongue out at him. She couldn't be a 'proper lady' while sticking out her tongue, could she?

Now Rodry was starting to head out and she quickly moved from behind the desk, the tiger could hurry down the hall if he wanted. Epiphany coughed and came up next to him. "Rodry? Pardon me a moment...." she could keep with the slower walk of him and not complain. "You said that gems and jewels are you fortι?" An expectant an excited look in her eyes that looked up at him.

"Would you mind too terribly if I called upon you later?"
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellboy Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:26 am

"Fluffy!?" Another yelp another look and now a growl to boot. "My name's not Fluffy! My name is Axel!!" A cat named Axel? Who in their ever-lovin' right mind would name their kid or in this case - cat, Axel? Someone who seriously had a crush on the Guns' n Roses band is who!

Ohh was that the key the guy was offering to him? Never let it be said this tiger had to be offered something twice. With surprising gentleness for a creature with claws like he was sporting the key was snatched up and away he went! If neither one called after him then this cat named Axel was off and bounding down the hallway with that trunk like an impatient pup on a leash. While he was clearly an impatient one it should count somewhere that he was at least eager to work, right?

"Can I have the bell? Huh? Huh? Please?" And had a memory like an elephant...

Bellboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodry Pol Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 pm

While the key might not be valuable in coinage, it represented a change in Rodry's life. Considering the way he had been wasting time at home ... it was almost criminal. His eyes had briefly brushed over the key, though without noting the apparent falsity of the rust.

The Tigers growl earned only a surprisingly fierce look from the old human. The blue of his eyes as pronounced as the gems that he was so passionate about.

"Axel, eh? Thats far less unorthodox than Epiphany."

The sarcasm in his voice only faintly veiled. Though the tiger might be left wondering why the old man seemed to react so negatively to being growled at, he didn't clue him in. Merely headed towards his room.

Axel's tender plucking of the key, earned a faint nod. Apparently approving of the gravity with which he treated the responsibility of taking care of his trunk. Though at Epiphany's light prompting he was turning faintly, letting his throat work momentarily trying to clear it while Axel made his way towards Rodry's new room. Coughing only briefly into his hankerchief this time. The roughness in his voice declining gradually as he spoke.

"They always have been ... I've always found a special place in my heart for jewels. Everyone can covet a gem, but it takes a special sort to love them."

Though he seemed to be almost taken aback at her expectant glance. Though after a moments thought, he tucked his hankerchief into it's appointed pocket. Glancing after Axel at his curious question. He couldn't help but crack the corner of his mouth.

"I would not be adverse to a social call. It shouldn't take me long to settle in."

Rodry did after all only plan on changing out of his travel clothing and perhaps doing a little unpacking, but he definitely needed to get something to eat and to see how this place lived up to his childrens expectations.

Rodry Pol
Rodry Pol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down