Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Summoning [Open to Airtia]

2 posters

Go down

Summoning [Open to Airtia] Empty Summoning [Open to Airtia]

Post by Xavier Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:22 am

Xavier had long since found that he did not need the dagger his mother had gifted him with to Channel, but he kept it close by anyway. After all, she was his mother, and it was a gift he cherished. Pulling it out of the sheath the Aiel Maidens had made him during his stay in the Waste, he held it blade-up, and closed his eyes. "Airtia Cauthon, I, Xavier, your son, summon you. Er....please." He knew his mother well enough to know that 'summoning' her without good cause, and without a civil tongue in his head, would not sit well with her at all.

After he had spoken, he sat down on his bed, loosened his shirt so that it hung open to give a view of the scar he took from the Trolloc in the Waste, and took out a small square of cotton cloth, and began polishing the dagger. He would wait to hear from her....after all, he was a much more patient man than his father seemed to be.
Xavier
Xavier

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Summoning [Open to Airtia] Empty Re: Summoning [Open to Airtia]

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:11 pm

If Xavier was expecting an instant reply to his summons he would be sorely mistaken. There was no sense of urgency in his actions, no sense of immediate need or fear, and so the assumption was taken that this request to see her veered on the socially casual call. Being that he was her son going to see him could be looked at as a normal activity - but it wasn't. Airtia's involvment in the lives of her children was minimal on the surface but there was more to her than what the eye could see.

The dagger was not only to help him Channel, but to contact her as he had done. Perhaps she will have to tell him the proper thing to say when he next tried to use the dagger as a message system because to sommon someone the wrong way was inviting consequences.

One of the reasons as to why a response to his request took longer than he may have thought was because Airtia was walking to her room. The oldest - and still effective - way of travel that was availble to nearly all creatures. Having been in his room a time or two before she could have saved the pair of them the wait and simply opened a Gateway into his room. however, with the residents of the Inn she thought it best not to make a ripple in the 'sea of magic' unless necessary. Why draw more attention to yourself then needed?

Besides, Xavier had done enough.

Silence followed Airtia as she walked through the halls of the Inn and made her way to his room's door, Tyger remained behind for he had things to do. Her son wouldn't need outside noises to tell him that she was coming or to know that she had stopped outside of his door. Nevertheless she raised a hand and gave two short knocks upon his door.
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:30 pm

The door swung open, with Xavier standing slightly to the side. He had, as it turned out, not expected an immediate response. He had, after all, known her his entire life. He had, however, caught her scent, and that of Tyger, as they came down the hall, and he smiled as he saw her, nodding in greeting. "Hello, Mother. Hello, Tyger. Would you come in, please?"

As he spoke, he moved to the broadest area of the room, gesturing to an odd-looking chair, made of a type of wood found only in the Waste, and upholstered in multi-colored algode. It was a gift from his first-brother, newly named Chief of his clan. He chuckled as he thought back to the conversation that had accompanied it. "You know, Jalin gave this to me and said that it was in payment for saving his life. You, of course, know of my trip to the Three-Fold Land, so I won't go into great detail there. I....well, ever once in awhile, a son needs the council of his mother. Please, make yourself comfortable."

He moved away from her then, sitting on the foot of his bed and pausing a moment before continuing. "Mother...I know our relationship has been strained since my arrival, and I ask for your forgiveness. I also wish to thank you for the dagger....it has been a useful tool. I'm sure I haven't figured out all the secrets it holds, but I can be patient. Er..." He scrubbed his hand through his hair, looking abashed. "If my means of requesting your presence was offensive, I apologize for that as well. As I said, I needed to see you. I'll talk to Father later...after all, he's not the level head I need right now." He chuckled as he spoke that last part.....Gawain was not known for his cool logic in many matters.

"I wanted to tell you, first and foremost, thank you. For...well, everything. I'm planning to talk with my sister as soon as possible, but for now, it is you I wish to speak with. The way I spoke to you all those weeks ago was unforgivable, as were my actions concerning my sister. Light....I've barely even seen Titania since I returned...but I did honor my commitment and start helping Epiphany with her digging...endeavor. Being among the Aiel has taught me more about duty, honor, and loyalty than all the years I spent in service. Anyway, I'm getting off track. The point of the matter is, I find myself, each time I seize the Source, wanting more. I'm afraid of what this means about myself, Mother."

His eyes went to the ground, and he shook his head. "I'm not a bad person, am I? I remember the stories of how the first of the Forsaken fell, and I see some of the same things happening in my own life. I don't want to fall to the Shadow.....but more than anything, I don't want to be a disappointment to you or Father. I just....wanted to ask you what to do. About the Source, about Titania, about...well...Light, I spend so much time confused these days I wonder if the Taint was truly cleansed sometimes. Could you....just sit and talk with me for awhile? I would be in your debt."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:26 am

Tyger was always about Airtia so his scent was around her. This had to be the reason why Xavier had thought that the feline was there: because of the scent. He had stayed behind on this trip and it was probably for the best.

She presented her son with a small smile and a tip of her head before taking his invitation and entering the room. However, she did not go far and stayed not too far from the door. Stepping in and moving around to lean against the dresser as he spoke.

His attire was familiar to her even if there were a few differences, but that was due to the different Aiel clans. Even as she listened her fingers curled around the dressers ledge and her silver eyes were fixed upon him. What he said about wanting more of the Source got from her a slight lift and fall of her shoulders. "Tis a natural thing tae want more o the Source, Xavier. As ye are trained in it this tis something ye should know."

The Source was something that, when held, gave the wielder the most incredible feeling and made them feel more alive. Even for those who have been using it for years - like herself - letting go of it was not done without a tinge of regret. But Xavier was still rather 'new' and so his fear of it could be understood.

"Yer s'pose tae want the Source but iffen ye pull too much too quickly ye will burn yerself out. Iffen yer worried, then ye need more training," and she paused as a knowing smile took to her lips. "O'course, ye can always be Stilled or Blocked from it." Why would Airtia suggest taking the Source away from him? Despite the relation she had with Gawain, her trust of a male Channeler was thin. Son or not.

"What tis it that ye wanted tae ask about Titania?" She remembered her from that one time in the room.
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:06 pm

He realized that he had not seen Tyger, but merely smelled him, so he smiled. "Sorry....I just assumed the cat was with you. Anyway.....I do not wish to be Gentled, I just....I'm afraid of losing control. I drew on the Source like I had never done before when I was in the Waste....Jalin was being attacked by at least two Fists of Trollocs, with a Fade driving them, and I had to do what was necessary. The thing that scared me, Mom, is......it felt good. I killed.....Light, I don't know, scores of Trollocs....and I enjoyed it. I just don't want to fall into the same trap that Demandred and Sammael fell into. It was their lust for more power that pulled them to the Shadow, after all."

He sighed, running his hand through his hair. "I love Titania, Mother. The problem is, I don't know where to go from here. Do I give her space, do I crowd her, or am I missing the entire point?" Another sigh. "Please, if you would, make yourself comfortable. The chair is quite comfortable, and it would be a shame for it to sit there and gather dust. Besides.....we may be here awhile." He had an abashed look on his face, and was obviously testing to see how much time she was willing to devote to speaking with him.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Whether she remained standing or took the seat had no baring on the length of her visit. When engaging in conversations Airtia was usually seen standing unless she had already been sitting at the start; even then, depending on who she was speaking with, she normally rose to stand. There were reasons for this, of course, so even though the chair was offered to her again it was not acknowledged.

Instead she addressed his concerns. While her face was smooth and unreadable internally she repressed a mental sigh. "Xavier, amongst other things ye are a lycan, killing people and o'tere such creatures should nae be a concern." This may not have been what he was expecting to hear from his mother but she would not have said anything different. Airtia hardly had a clean record when it came to killing and her remorse for those was in short supply so if he was looking for someone to be fearful and worried about his 'violent behavior' then he would be better off in the council of his father.

"Tis nae the first time ye ave killed." Surly he had killed in his time in the Guard, they were not soldiers for decoration. "Tis s'pose tae be in yer nature tae be violet," she paused for a slight moment of thought, "unless ye now 'ave decided tae be a passive creature due tae yer relationship with Titania." If that was the case then she could understand - or attempt to - the reason why he ws concerned about being violent.

Speaking of Titania...

"Iffen ye don't know what tae do about her then why don't ye go and see her?"
She offered with a small shrug. "Being here tae wonder what tae do about her tis being passive. " Go for what you want. Actively go. "That tis, iffen she tis really what ye want. Iffen it tis passing fancy..." She would leave the rest unsaid.
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:58 am

He looked up to her, no fear in the green of his eyes. He could meet her gaze without flinching, something not many people could claim to do with any truth. "If it were a passing fancy, Mother, I would not be askin' these questions. And aye, I've killed, but ne'er enjoyed it as much as I did this past time. Do nae be tryin' tae confuse me! I'm already confused enough as 'tis!" He stopped, clapping a hand to his mouth...where did that come from?!

"I apologize, Mother. I forget myself. I fight that part of my nature daily. As for that bit....er...I must have picked it up from you. It seems to slip out of me when something has me especially confused and vexed. Forgive me if I offended you. I just...wanted to talk to you. You are my mother, after all. Who better to ask about a woman than another woman? And well....I don't know if I'd ask De'Ryanna about this. She seems kind of..well, not to put too fine a point on it, but she's as cold as I am hot-headed." A small laugh escaped him. "When I was younger, I figured that by the time I was the age I am now, I'd have all the answers. It's apparent to me that no one ever has all the answers."

He stood up, pushing the dagger into it's sheath as he did so, and nodded. "You're right. I'm acting like a haybrained half-wit sitting here and thinking about it. I should just go and face the music, then pay the piper his fee." He stepped forward, holding out a small package. "I have something for you. A gift from the Aiel. It's a ter'angreal, and no, I cannot use it, which means it must be for a female. They said it would show the user the direction of anyone using the Source. If the channeling were aimed at the wearer, it would whirl more quickly, but if not, just a slow spin. And...there's some of an herb that grows in the Waste that they say makes a cat rather giddy. They use it on the big cats there to tame them....I figure it might make Father's next visit a little more entertaining." With a small smile, he tilted his head. "You do know I love you, right?"
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Xavier said that he was 'confused enough' and she couldn't agree more, even if the topic of his confusion could vary between the two of them. Did he think that she was threatening him as to the reason why he was looking at her with a lack of fear? He wasn't expected to be afraid of her and besides, she wasn't doing anything but speaking.

By his own confession he was confused and vexed and that was the reason he had sounded like her at the start. Amazing that he had picked it up - especially since she had spent a considerable time away from him and his sister while they were growing up. For that matter, if he picked up her dialect then it could be argued that he should meow like Tyger does after every few words since the feline was as much as a talkative figure in their lives.

He must have a good handle on himself if vexation and confusion can be there one minute and gone the next for she had expected the rest of his words to be riddled with her accent. But they were not. Interesting.

"What are ye sorry fer?," she wondered while pushing up from her lean against the dresser. He had decided to stand and was going through the motions of an end conversation. "It would do ye well tae nae apologize fer the things ye do when it relates tae something that tis trifle." That was her opinion and it did not have to be agreed with.

Then he was offering her something, the ter'angreal she accepted though the herb was cause of her own confusion which was expressed with curious raise of her left eyebrow. "Xavier," she said as she opened up the package and pulled out the herb, "yer father tis nae a cat and as ye are on yer way tae see yer chosen female ye should keep it."

There was a pause and a knowing smile. "As ye said, it may make yer 'visit a little more entertaining.'" That herb was offered out to him.

Did she love her son? Yes Did she feel the need to demonstrate it vocally at this time? No. She knew that he loved her - he had just said so.

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:05 am

"Father isn't a cat, but Tyger is. That is who the herb is for." He grinned, chuckling softly. "Maybe he'll roll over and want a belly rub or something...who knows? If it can tame those big cats, it should be able to at least give Tyger a good time."

"I apologize to you when I feel I have offended you or caused myself shame. As I said, I love my mother, and I do wish to have a decent relationship with her." He stepped closer, and nodded, committing himself to the act. His arms opened, and he advanced, hugging her gently and kissing her cheek. "You may have been absent from my life for a time, Mom, but you were always with me. In here." He stepped back, placing a hand over his heart. "You had a rough time, and I realize it now, with Father leaving us as he did....we discussed it at length, and he did indeed have reasons for staying away." He sighed softly, shaking his head. "I just wish he had...you know....popped in from time to time to see how we were doing."

Another shake of his head, and his eyes went back to hers. "What will be, must be. We have no way of changing the past, or taking back words we wish we had not spoken. We do, however, have the future. As Ayla said to me, the past is history, the future, a mystery. The here and now is a gift. Why else would if be called present?"
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 am

So, the herb was for her to use on Tyger... the next time Gawain visited her, so that his visit would be more pleasent? So Tyger could be giddy?

First and foremost if anyone knew anything about Airtia and her relationship to her cat they'd know that she would never do anything to harm him - even in the guise of a harmless prank such as drugging him. There was a time when someone she was close to had thrown Tyger against a wall - it had been an unprovoked attack - and said person's intestines were getting personal with her dagger. Accidents were simply that - but no one intentionally harmed her feline companion.

No one.

Therefore the hand with the herb was still held out, even passed for him to take. "Tyger tis in nae need, thank ye." She spoke for him the same as he would speak for her.

Airtia didn't move away from the hug but the kiss was a bit much. He was getting sentimental suddenly. Could this be a resuld ot him being confused as he was earlier? Now that he had backed up from the hug and kiss she took steps towards the door. There wasn't anything she could say to his apology about possbly offenses for she didn't know why he would think that he had offended her, as for bringing shame to himself, that too was something she didn't know as she did not spend hours and days in his presense to be able to tell.

"Xavier, I do nae pretend tae know what ye and yer father 'ave spoken about," she said, "but iffen he 'as told ye that I 'ad rough time without 'im while ye and ye sister were growing up then he tis under delusions o' his own grandure. " A hand was motioned to the door.

"Ye were headed out to see your chosen female." He had said the past was history, now she was turning his mind back to the present .
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:42 am

"He has not told me anything of the like. He says his only regret was not being with you, and seeing us grow up. He loves you, Mom, as much or more than I love Titania." He sighed. "I have a knack for screwing up the things I say.....must be hereditary. And yes, I am. With all due haste. Thank you for your council, Mom. I hope to someday soon have a visit where we can just sit and talk. A social visit, I mean. I miss you." He spoke the truth....he had no choice. This was his mother, after all, and she deserved no less.

"I appreciate you coming, Mom. For the record...did I summon you correctly? It's only the second time I've done so, and I find it foreign on my tongue calling you by your given name. So....if you prefer to be summoned in some other manner, let me know. And....I apologize if I inconvenienced you in any way." He bowed at his waist, and smiled as he rose. "It was good to see you again, Mom. The Light send that it happens again sooner rather than later."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down